The Student Room Group

Australian domestic student, needing info/advice

I'm an Australian living in the Uk and looking to go back to study in Australia (probably at USyd) to do history. can anoyone give any advice on things such as: grades required, dates of when to apply (looking to start in semester one of 2011), how to get an HESC-HELP loan, how to get youth allowance/austudy. and also how to get or apply for a TFN, given I dont live there.
anything else that might be of help/interest would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Contact USyd directly, they can definitely help. Maybe try a phone call or email?
Reply 2
Thankyou both of you. another thing that i have been trying to find is informationa about university accommodation? is it more common for people to live at home whilst at uni? there doenst seem to be the same 'hall of residents' for first year students as there is in the UK. what i have been able to find seems quite pricey (univillage at USyd and MQ and the stuff at Melbourne), if you dont live on campus is there scope to rent a student house in the surrounding area, again like 2/3rd year students in the UK?
Reply 3
Try the 'Bored of Studies' forum - I think its the closest thing to the TSR forums in australia, quite a lot of threads in the USyd section which can definitely help u (well it provided me with some good advices) :smile:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/114/university-sydney/

I also applied to USyd this year, but I applied for the Uni Villages - from what I've seen though there is definitely student housing in the nearby area.

Latest

Trending

Trending