The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Good bloke
Let's hope that it happens to you on a day when you aren't on your way to an important job interview in your best (or only) suit, with your contact details securely stored in your iPhone or a PDA and your exam certificates or other important douments in your hands. A good muddy splashing under those circumstances might severely test your powers of laughing off.

Well, we'll see. And i never really carry anything that i wouldn't mind getting ruined. My MP3 player is worth around £30 and my phone would barely fetch £5, so its all good really.
Reply 61
That guy sounds like a real creep.

Besides that, it's really not funny. I was at uni the other day and a bus zoomed by and I got splashed a little, which was annoying. That said, I don't know why the police are involved. Those creeps in the car should just pay for a change of clothes for each kid and get on with it.
Reply 62
Good bloke
It is coming to a higher degree of civilisation, I think. This is not new, by the way; the law has been there (and frequently used) for many, many years.

If you think it is legal to do this, think back a few years to when a reporter wet Tom Cruise with a microphone for a TV show.

But honestly, I don't think they should be prosecuted. The number of times I have been splashed by a puddle.

Also, why would those kids be waiting next to the puddle for the bus? Wouldn't you step away from it when you saw a car coming?

Sorry - misquote
DanielNewton
There is nothing 'trivial' about it;

If your driving down the road
and you see a huge puddel coming up
and there is someone walking next to the puddle and you swerve into the puddle, aqua-plane the water onto said person and drive away

ugh, please read original post...theres always one...
That's hilarious, but only because it didn't happen to me... :yes:
Intially I found it funny mainly because the guy sounded like Rik Mayall. But thinking about it, it is pretty stupid to aim your car directly at water near where some young kids were standing about. Firstly what if the water was concealing something in the road and the woman lost control and plowed into them? Or kids being kids they were mucking about one one got pushed into her path? It wouldn't matter the circumstances rightly, she would be at fault, and would be in prison and lives might have been lost.

A few streets away from me, a lad was playing 'chicken ' in his car with a group of people and he mowed into them by mistake. 1 died and 1 isn't out of a coma. Some others got badly injured. I just think it is one thing spraying them with a water pistol or maybe chucking your drink at them from a car, thats stupid but it's another to do what she done which I regard as criminal stupidity.
Reply 66
xands
He sounds a bit like that bloke who did robot wars once....

Craig Charles?...
xands
ugh, please read original post...theres always one...

ugh, please read the last 2 pages...theres always one...

That was an example....e-x-a-m-p-l-e :yes: and if you had read the last two pages you would know that we where talking about the whole consept of 'happy splashing' rarther than the OP :rolleyes:
Reply 68
video clip is hilarious but the police were right to get involved
Driving fast down a wet road and purposely driving through a puddle. Looks pretty reckless to me.

Of course it wouldn't to the Daily Mail.
DanielNewton
ugh, please read the last 2 pages...theres always one...

That was an example....e-x-a-m-p-l-e :yes: and if you had read the last two pages you would know that we where talking about the whole consept of 'happy splashing' rarther than the OP :rolleyes:

Dan the man, seriously chill out yeh. ur making a lot of enemies over the youtube clip and your clearly traumatising real-life experience :rolleyes: The thing is no one actually cares and no-one here is (hopefully) stupid enough to do it. So seriously just chill yeh.

Also thanks for helping me spell example you patronising ****

Love, hugs and kisses Daniel.
XXXX

Latest

Trending

Trending