The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
They're thieving scum. They stole my mum's dog from a locked garden, who even does that. So cruel. They didn't have a nice home and garden to look after the dog like my mum's family did so why devastate a family and take the dog away from such conditions. No normal person does that. (And no, it wasn't just a coincidence)

They steal various other bits of people's property, then proceed to move on and leave it on the ground creating some vile mess - if you're going to travel around then take "your" rubbish with you.

They generally create a sense of insecurity...both with their "curses" and fear they might attempt to take something of yours.

They trespass and can be known to knock on your door persistently and nobody should be bothered to such an extent on their own property.

They continue to bring up children in an environment entirely unsuited for them.

I was waiting with a friend at the railway station when a group of them came up and started having some bizarre conversation about how we were looking at them because they are "gyppos", well, no, it's just because you're a mess, which is besides the point cos we were minding our own business anyway to avoid such a situation...and then they start slapping my friend's face completely unnecessarily.

I am not saying that they are *all* disgusting, horrible people, but i've never had a good experience with them, and so many bad ones could rather make me believe that they're generally not people i'd ever wish to come into contact with again.
CombineHarvester
I've added to my first post.

And here was me thinking the irony was about me posting this thread.
Reply 82
Age_of_Innocence
I certainly don't understand that, no.

You know Lully captured one village in my district,they have ways to railroad.So they easily may rob all around.
Reply 83
Hugh-Jackman
I agree the people that are defending them are going down the typical teenage/student route of 'ow lets not discriminate against certain groups blahblah' when in reality they've never had to deal with this pikey criminal leaches.

There's a reason that arguement is used a lot Hugh, and that's because it's a good one, people who are born to traveller (note, not gypsy which refers to the romani people) families are not intrinsically bad people, that should be obvious. Any bad behaviour is as a result of there upbringing, which again, is not something they've chosen. But if you treat them en masse as being ignorant criminals, despite the fact that most of them have never had the opportunity for anything more... it's aggravating...
.x.jen.x.
They're thieving scum. They stole my mum's dog from a locked garden, who even does that. So cruel.

This happened to my friend :lol: he was really annoyed about it as well. I didn't believe him at first but then one day he turned up outside their caravan and they denied they had it, only when he threatened to call the police did they release the dog. These ones seemed like violent pikey types though so it was pretty brave of him to do that. There's the other type who are Hindu/hippie and the Romanians/Roma gypsies and the majority of them are fine tbh.
.x.jen.x.
They stole my mum's dog from a locked garden, who even does that. So cruel. They didn't have a nice home and garden to look after the dog like my mum's family did so why devastate a family and take the dog away from such conditions. No normal person does that.

They didn't necessarily want the dog as a pet themselves. Family animals like dogs are useful fodder to train fighting ring dogs ("train" as in, allow it to rip the other dog to pieces) that these people may own. It's a practice not confined to "Travellers", just scumbags. Anyway not meaning to upset you here.
35mm_
the amount of hatred towards them on this site, and in real life, is astounding.

Just because somebody chooses to lead a different lifestyle to yours doesn't make them horrible people :mad:

They aren't hated because of their travelling about, it's the way in which they do it, turning up unannounced and uninvited and then creating a monstrous carbuncle of a caravan park with toilets etc, and the subsequent crime wave they bring.

Plus the fact that they are all wrong 'uns, to the last man. Anyone else experienced the gypsy game of 'knockout'?
Watch Drag Me To Hell.
Reply 88
The gypies in my area are thieving, trouble making scum. Yes all of them!
Reply 89
.x.jen.x.
They're thieving scum. They stole my mum's dog from a locked garden, who even does that. So cruel. They didn't have a nice home and garden to look after the dog like my mum's family did so why devastate a family and take the dog away from such conditions. No normal person does that. (And no, it wasn't just a coincidence)

They ate your dog.If to cook a dog well,it's rather tasty.So they stole your dog as if they stole meat from supermarket.
I really scared when I'm thinking how they killed it.:frown:
I heard how it's cooked at TV,that's awful.:frown:
Reply 90
AdviceSeeker09
I'd prefer people to get a job, work hard for their money and lifestyle, not steal, and not attempt to put curses on me when I won't buy an overpriced item. Thanks.

Well, I prefer people NOT to have jobs, but hey, I don't inflict that on you, do I?
Reply 91
Installation
Watch Drag Me To Hell.

Yep, gypsies and curses, another common theme.
Reply 92
35mm_

Just because somebody chooses to lead a different lifestyle to yours doesn't make them horrible people :mad:

You give good advice. :yy:
Reply 93
Aeolus
You give good advice. :yy:

Jack the Ripper had a different lifestyle, gypsies are just pests.
Reply 94
UGeNe
Jack the Ripper had a different lifestyle, gypsies are just pests.

Aren't you decended from Russian gypsies?
Reply 95
Aeolus
Aren't you decended from Russian gypsies?

Unless said gypsies lived way up North in Murmansk, I don't think so.

Maybe, the Sami people who live in the Norway, Finland etc
Reply 96
UGeNe
Unless said gypsies lived way up North in Murmansk, I don't think so.

Maybe, the Sami people who live in the Norway, Finland etc

I thought you mentioned your mother being a gypsy a couple of months ago. :dontknow:
Reply 97
Aeolus
I thought you mentioned your mother being a gypsy a couple of months ago. :dontknow:

wtf, you MUST be confused.

That would be cause for suicide. Or, at least, some self-harm.
Reply 98
It looks like privileged white people are afraid of people of another culture to them. Funny that.
Reply 99
It appears the word gypsy being flung about has confused some, drag me to hell, curses, wtf?

We're talking about rowdy/criminal Irish travellers right?

Latest

Trending

Trending