The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, if you can't drive, this will help you get there fast... YEAH
Reply 2
I wouldn't let my engine cool with diluted screenwash if I was you.

Time to book a taxi, methinks.
Reply 3
im getting mixed things off everyone
generally things on internet said it isnt too bad coz il have gallons of engine coolant in the main bit, so it shouldnt be too bad, but just wanted peoples opinions on here.
its like a 5 min drive there and back to where i need to be
amberglover
im getting mixed things off everyone
generally things on internet said it isnt too bad coz il have gallons of engine coolant in the main bit, so it shouldnt be too bad, but just wanted peoples opinions on here.
its like a 5 min drive there and back to where i need to be

If there's no other way of getting there and it's absolutely necessary to go, then I'd take the car... But I'd look into riding a bike, walking, getting a taxi etc.. etc.. over it. It wouldn't harm your car all that much, but it certainly wouldn't do it any good if used for any length of time... You're gonna have to drain, flush and refil your whole system, and if you run the engine with the wash inside you might end up having bigger problems.
Reply 5
My brother done this and his head gasket blew up. Either put loads more water in or syringe it out. (If you haven't got one get some hosepipe put it in suck it (obviously stop before it goes into your mouth) and it should all come out. Put some fresh in and your on your way. 5 minutes job
If you only put a tiny amount in, since its concentrated, shouldnt have a problem.
Majority of cars, there's a rubber pipe that goes from the expansion bottle to the heater matrix/engine block.

pull that off, and empty the coolant tank like that, and refill up with coolant.

As long as you aint run it yet, it'll only be in thecoolant tank.

Put a picture up here if you don't know where it is.
Reply 8
You need to get excess water out, the cooling system is pressurised on a modern car and excess fluid (which is incompressible) is not going to do the engine any favours. However, 200ml is hardly something worth panicking too much over in the grand scheme of things. As Frig says, try and drain the exp. tank if you can or ring the RAC/AA if you are a member and they will sort you out.
Syphon it back out.

Latest