The Student Room Group

Has anybody had any interviews or offers for Adult Nursing yet??

Hey all :smile:
Title says it all really! The unis I have applied to are in my sig. Havent heard anything back from any of them yet! I think they got my app on the 26th Oct, so I know they havent had it long, but im worried incase they send a letter out asking me for interview and it gets caught up in the postal strikes:eek:
Just looking to see how long after sending off applications did people start getting invitations for interviews!

Thank you!:smile:
I believe that if they call you for interview it will come up on UCAS track, but I might be wrong.

It's only been 3 days!! I had to wait 3 weeks before I got so much as an acknowledgement!
Reply 2
Origami Bullets
I believe that if they call you for interview it will come up on UCAS track, but I might be wrong.

It's only been 3 days!! I had to wait 3 weeks before I got so much as an acknowledgement!

I know its only been 3 days but a few years back my friend applied for Teesside nursing and she got a letter inviting her to interview a few days after sending the app off. Just worried things are gonna get delayed cos of the strikes
Reply 3
I applied for adult nursing but have not heard anything yet, it will have been a week as of tomorrow so dont worry. They say it takes about 3 weeks for a decision.

Good luck x
Reply 4
xxRacheyxx
I applied for adult nursing but have not heard anything yet, it will have been a week as of tomorrow so dont worry. They say it takes about 3 weeks for a decision.

Good luck x

thank you, good luck to you too! xx
I have a friend who sent her app. off on the 6th and has 3 interviews so far, all in November
Reply 6
I sent my application for adult nursing diploma off on the 14th of September and so far I've had one interview at Bucks New Uni and received an unconditional offer there. I've got 3 interviews coming up this month at DMU, Coventry and Nottingham and haven't heard from the BCU yet.

You're usually notified whether you have an interview by post, email or phonecall depending on the uni, it doesn't tend to show up on UCAS. That will only change when you have an offer or not and will either say conditional, unconditional or unsuccessful depending on the outcome and you will be notified of any changes on UCAS by email.

All unis are different and some wait until they have loads of applications before they start looking at them so don't worry :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
Good luck!
Can I just ask, I see you've applied for Midwifery at one of your choices... How did you manage to do a PS for both? Did you base it mostly around midwifery or around nursing?
Reply 8
strawberry_princess
Can I just ask, I see you've applied for Midwifery at one of your choices... How did you manage to do a PS for both? Did you base it mostly around midwifery or around nursing?

i talked about both. i said that if i were to take up nursing it would be to gain some broad experience of the profession before doing the midwifery conversion course. then i spoke about why i wanna be a midwife (birth of my daughter inspired me).
my midwifery choice is a wild card, just to see what happens :smile: either way im gonna go into midwifery.

thanks for the answers guys :smile:
Vicki19
I sent my application for adult nursing diploma off on the 14th of September and so far I've had one interview at Bucks New Uni and received an unconditional offer there. I've got 3 interviews coming up this month at DMU, Coventry and Nottingham and haven't heard from the BCU yet.

You're usually notified whether you have an interview by post, email or phonecall depending on the uni, it doesn't tend to show up on UCAS. That will only change when you have an offer or not and will either say conditional, unconditional or unsuccessful depending on the outcome and you will be notified of any changes on UCAS by email.

All unis are different and some wait until they have loads of applications before they start looking at them so don't worry :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
Good luck!

hey my friend wants to know what branch your applying for and what dates your interviews are on?
Reply 10
Hiya, Ive applied for adult nursing diploma and my interviews are:
DMU - 10th November, 9am
Coventry - 10th November (not sure what time yet)
Nottingham - 19th November 10.45am
rachelb8906
i talked about both. i said that if i were to take up nursing it would be to gain some broad experience of the profession before doing the midwifery conversion course. then i spoke about why i wanna be a midwife (birth of my daughter inspired me).
my midwifery choice is a wild card, just to see what happens :smile: either way im gonna go into midwifery.

thanks for the answers guys :smile:

Ah ok. Just asking cos I wanna do Midwifery aswell, and thought about applying for one adult nursing like just in case, then would do midwifery top up later. But wasn't sure how to encorporate it. Good luck!
Reply 12
strawberry_princess
Ah ok. Just asking cos I wanna do Midwifery aswell, and thought about applying for one adult nursing like just in case, then would do midwifery top up later. But wasn't sure how to encorporate it. Good luck!

yeah, i explained that i was applying for adult nursing too :smile: i hear they are used to getting applications for both. its best to have a back up plan!
where are you thinking of applying?

good luck to you too!
xxx
Reply 13

why didn't you just apply for midwifery and have 1 choice adult as back up- if you are so sure you want to do midwifery. As the adult nursing course may not like the fact you are just going to do midwifery straight after.
I sent my UCAS application on 14th October, and on 29th October I received an email from Kingston University for an interview this Friday 6th November.

I've not heard back from the other four institutes as of yet, not even an acknowledgement.
Reply 15
Just got an acknowledgement from Cumbria today, and also Northumbria want me for Interview! 18th November :smile:
Reply 16
Holamigo
why didn't you just apply for midwifery and have 1 choice adult as back up- if you are so sure you want to do midwifery. As the adult nursing course may not like the fact you are just going to do midwifery straight after.

Because I dont have the A Level requirements for midwifery.
Also, if I were to get onto the Nursing course I wouldnt qualify as an RN and then just go straight onto the midwifery conversion course. I would want to get some experience in the field. My friends mum did the same as me; applied for nursing with a view to becoming a midwife. She started working as an RN and she is still doing that now.
Reply 17
rachelb8906
Because I dont have the A Level requirements for midwifery.
Also, if I were to get onto the Nursing course I wouldnt qualify as an RN and then just go straight onto the midwifery conversion course. I would want to get some experience in the field. My friends mum did the same as me; applied for nursing with a view to becoming a midwife. She started working as an RN and she is still doing that now.

Ohh I see - If I was you, I still wouldn't talk too much about midwifery at the interview .. because if they are deciding between you and someone else who has always wanted to be a nurse & who knows it's the career for them.. I'm guessing they would pick them.
Just try and talk more about how you want to be a nurse than a midwife as it ia an interview for adult nursing and not midwifery.

good luck :smile:
Reply 18
Holamigo
Ohh I see - If I was you, I still wouldn't talk too much about midwifery at the interview .. because if they are deciding between you and someone else who has always wanted to be a nurse & who knows it's the career for them.. I'm guessing they would pick them.
Just try and talk more about how you want to be a nurse than a midwife as it ia an interview for adult nursing and not midwifery.

good luck :smile:

Oh i am interested in nursing too, i was training as an Apprentice in a local hospital before i fell pregnant with my daughter and I loved it, that was general nursing too :smile: thanks for your advice :smile:

Latest