The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No, a lot of unis do not send out acknowledgements and looking at your uni's, i do not think any of them do!
A lot of people do not hear anything for like a whole month!
Do not worry!
Reply 2
alexterry
Nothing at all, no emails, no acknowledgments. Just that letter in the post from UCAS...
Is this normal or the sign of bad things to come? :frown:

Nope, not abnormal at all, don't worry. :smile:
Reply 3
i think you've been rejected from them all, sorry to say
Reply 4
alexterry
Nothing at all, no emails, no acknowledgments. Just that letter in the post from UCAS...

Nope, it really depends on the university. On the Sheffield website it says they aim to take 5 - 7 working days to process the application, but obvioslt they will be busy at the moment so it could take longer. You don't always get acknowledgement emails either - my Sheffield offer came out of the blue!
miranda13
i think you've been rejected from them all, sorry to say

:teehee:
Reply 6
alexterry

ha! i've been waiting a week and not even got the UCAS letter :P I think the person at my college isn't going through them yet...so many notices around saying that if we didn't get our application in by October 23rd that we wouldnt get in- just to see posters up on the 23rd saying "oh dont worry you can have all of half term to finish it" when i'd just stayed up all night getting my personal statement perfected! :lolwut:
Mate, it's been one week. Chillax, for Heaven's sake.
SuicideCommando
Mate, it's been one week. Chillax, for Heaven's sake.

:nutcase: I CAN'T
alexterry
:nutcase: I CAN'T

The offers aren't exciting. They're just letters which make you need to actually do schoolwork. :emo:
Reply 10
Later in the year it can take absolutely ages...I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything yet, depends how many other applicants there are to process at this time and also how busy things are at the university, it's reading week at a lot of unis at the moment which may also have an affect on things
Thanks for the comments guys, I'm just so frickin anxious.
Reply 12
alexterry

Its been three weeks for me and I havent heard anything from 3 of my uni's so dont worry :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending