The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA offers thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Mikehed
Yeah my friends who want to come visit me if i go there, have complained about that but i found train tickets for like £10 return so they can shut up and come see me :smile:

I don't want to go to a massive city like manchester/birmingham etc. don't like big crowds or anything so Norwich seems to be a city built with the idea of me staying there :biggrin:

Just been looking at the uni as well and it apparently won an fhm award for the best looking people university, think this needs to be said more on the pro's and cons uea thread!

Yeah, train tickets do seem pricey initially, you can always get them cheaper though if you hunt around a little. I'm much the same though, not fond of big cities. I love a night out as much as the next person though, so I like the balance in Norwich. It's got it's night life, yet by day it feels like a really cosy city. Fabulous :awesome:
Haha, as if.. that I did not know! Now there's a statistic to be proud of. Better start mentioning that, could be a major selling point :p:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 121
Lucyyy
Yeah, train tickets do seem pricey initially, you can always get them cheaper though if you hunt around a little. I'm much the same though, not fond of big cities. I love a night out as much as the next person though, so I like the balance in Norwich. It's got it's night life, yet by day it feels like a really cosy city. Fabulous :awesome:
Haha, as if.. that I did not know! Now there's a statistic to be proud of. Better start mentioning that, could be a major selling point :p:

It is a rate good one, dunno if that includes guys though otherwise i'm screwed and still in the single department :smile:

At least i'll have one friendly face there though if i do get in, well i won't actually,dunno what you look like but you know what i mean :biggrin:
Reply 122
Mikehed
It is a rate good one, dunno if that includes guys though otherwise i'm screwed and still in the single department :smile:

At least i'll have one friendly face there though if i do get in, well i won't actually,dunno what you look like but you know what i mean :biggrin:

You'll just have to imagine! Haha, but nah, my pic is in my profile. It's not a very friendly looking face mind you.. a fairly miserable one in fact.. but it has a friendly personality at least.
Reply 123
Lucyyy
You'll just have to imagine! Haha, but nah, my pic is in my profile. It's not a very friendly looking face mind you.. a fairly miserable one in fact.. but it has a friendly personality at least.

I did imagine for a while, since you're doing pharmacy it was always you in a big white coat though :smile: red hair though!, you're getting a positive rep just for that!

and with that nice gesture i must go to sleep, you've kept me up too long anyway, goodnight! :smile:
Reply 124
Mikehed
I did imagine for a while, since you're doing pharmacy it was always you in a big white coat though :smile: red hair though!, you're getting a positive rep just for that!

and with that nice gesture i must go to sleep, you've kept me up too long anyway, goodnight! :smile:

Hahaha, what a great image. I love the thought of striding round in my lab coat, day in, day out. My apologies, though :sad: Good luck with your exam btw :gthumb:
Oh my god...UEA sounds so lovely.
Reply 126
Lucyyy
Hahaha, what a great image. I love the thought of striding round in my lab coat, day in, day out. My apologies, though :sad: Good luck with your exam btw :gthumb:

The good luck was needed with my exam, went alright i reckon :smile:
Bet you've already got a white coat though, standing in a mirror and going, i'm lucy, your friendly local pharmacist :biggrin:
Reply 127
Mikehed
The good luck was needed with my exam, went alright i reckon :smile:
Bet you've already got a white coat though, standing in a mirror and going, i'm lucy, your friendly local pharmacist :biggrin:

Good to hear!
And well, I did have one in sixth form.. it was sacrificed in the name of Halloween however, and now sports a fair splattering of fake blood, red paint and rips throughout. Not quite the attire of your friendly pharmacist, I guess :sad:
Reply 128
Lucyyy
Good to hear!
And well, I did have one in sixth form.. it was sacrificed in the name of Halloween however, and now sports a fair splattering of fake blood, red paint and rips throughout. Not quite the attire of your friendly pharmacist, I guess :sad:

Maybe not, unless people are really obsessed with twilight wherever your pharmacy is gonna be and they just keep going, i wish Robert Patterson did that to me :frown:
Reply 129
Mikehed
Maybe not, unless people are really obsessed with twilight wherever your pharmacy is gonna be and they just keep going, i wish Robert Patterson did that to me :frown:

If that was the case then I would possibly find myself screwing up a few prescriptions accidentally on purpose.. with fatal consequences. Not exactly the doings of a responsible pharmacist, but it could just be considered a good deed to humanity. :awesome:
Reply 130
Lucyyy
If that was the case then I would possibly find myself screwing up a few prescriptions accidentally on purpose.. with fatal consequences. Not exactly the doings of a responsible pharmacist, but it could just be considered a good deed to humanity. :awesome:

You'd make me a very happy man if you did that though :smile:
I feel we've slightly detracted from the thread by practically having an msn conversation but eh well!
Reply 131
Mikehed
You'd make me a very happy man if you did that though :smile:
I feel we've slightly detracted from the thread by practically having an msn conversation but eh well!

The UEA subforum is dead anyway, we're only livening it up somewhat :p: If anyone would like to come and share the joy that is receiving a UEA offer with us, they are still more than welcome! And then they too can revel in the glory of potentially going to the "best looking people" university.. yeaaahhh :awesome:
Reply 132
Lucyyy
The UEA subforum is dead anyway, we're only livening it up somewhat :p: If anyone would like to come and share the joy that is receiving a UEA offer with us, they are still more than welcome! And then they too can revel in the glory of potentially going to the "best looking people" university.. yeaaahhh :awesome:

No takers by the looks of it, i'm sure there's more than just us lot that have got offers from uea, like 30% more applicants this year apparently, we can all feel smug for getting an offer now :yep:

If we're gonna attract them though need to change the title thread to
The UEA offers thread! - Best looking university in the country, firm now, firm now!

:biggrin:
Conditional offer Biochemistry :-)
Reply 134
Mikehed
No takers by the looks of it, i'm sure there's more than just us lot that have got offers from uea, like 30% more applicants this year apparently, we can all feel smug for getting an offer now :yep:

If we're gonna attract them though need to change the title thread to
The UEA offers thread! - Best looking university in the country, firm now, firm now!

:biggrin:

We really need some kind of advertising campaign.. they have adverts on buses here to promote UEA, things like "Born in Bradwell, made at the UEA". They're clearly going the wrong way about it though.
I'm trying to think up a catchy slogan relating to quite how good looking it is on a whole, but I may have to get back to it.. :ninja: My brain, it ain't functioning!

mi5wannabe
Conditional offer Biochemistry :-)

Congrats! Potential firm? You know it's the right choice..
Reply 135
I'm torn between firming Sheffield or UEA for English Lit. Seems like a really great place though; it's been on the news every day because of that climate change scandal. Any publicity is good publicity I guess lol
Reply 136
Offer for English and Film studies...I can't decide between UEA and Exeter...and possibly southampton, they haven't replied yet though. ARG! Why does life have to be so difficult!?

...Climate scandal? I'm a bit behind on news at the moment, being in a country where you can't understand the language is not helpful to your social life...
dude, those quotes are gross! ...Awsome! ^.^
Anyone going to the bio open day on 10th feb?
Reply 138
Cherudim
I'm torn between firming Sheffield or UEA for English Lit. Seems like a really great place though; it's been on the news every day because of that climate change scandal. Any publicity is good publicity I guess lol

Choose UEA! We can be lifelong English Lit buddies!
anyone going to the politics open day on the 13th feb?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending