The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sunspoon
Best: The sheer geekiness.

Worst: Rubbish guy:girl ratio but tbh you wouldn't expect any more from a uni that only does science and engineering (medics don't count cos they don't mix with others).

Hmm I heard this at my admissions day thing aswell. I know they have their own societies and stuff but is it really that bad?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Smeh
Hmm I heard this at my admissions day thing aswell. I know they have their own societies and stuff but is it really that bad?

It's not so much of a problem in the first term because there's loads of people all together and noone knows anyone but it gets more and more medics-only from then onwards.
Reply 22
sunspoon
It's not so much of a problem in the first term because there's loads of people all together and noone knows anyone but it gets more and more medics-only from then onwards.

Hmm that's odd.
Is it like snobbish or just the result of the intense nature of the course?
Reply 23
Smeh
Hmm that's odd.
Is it like snobbish or just the result of the intense nature of the course?

Nah I don't think so, it just works out that way. Specially with the medics having their own club societies. And the fact that Varsity is all about Medics vs the rest of Imperial.
The best things: London. Big range of people you get to meet.

The worst things: getting mistaken for a fresher every year :eek:. And of course the male:female ratio, although that does mean fewer distractions when it comes to work...
Practically everything is great except the erm... wait... ah yes the work load, THE ******* WORK LOAD.

*(just slightly peeved off after walking out of a two hour exam)
Reply 26
sir.jamesgreen
I always check my back when I get on a tube now...

Ahaha.

And yep, Sunspoon you were walking out with a hockey bag I do believe..

(I only know what you look like because emc2 pointed you out.. He's the one to worry about.)
sunspoon

Medics are coolio. And they have all the girls so don't complain.

Completely unrelated sunspoon i'm on huxley as welllll who are you do I have your facebook? :biggrin: lemme add you /puppy eyes
Reply 28
Ditto WORKLOAD
Reply 29
gammapulsar
trying to not sound creepy or weird but i think i've met you at the computer labs! /hugs

/back away slowly.

i'm so bored ;_;

Are you the one who's now the maths year rep? :0

mituozo
Ahaha.

And yep, Sunspoon you were walking out with a hockey bag I do believe..

(I only know what you look like because emc2 pointed you out.. He's the one to worry about.)

He'll stalk his way into your pants if you're not careful
or so I've heard
Mante
Are you the one who's now the maths year rep? :0

He'll stalk his way into your pants if you're not careful
or so I've heard

yup :3! so i didn't fail to recognize you lool! tsr is creepy oO.

ahah cute gay love :P.
fox_amro
Ditto WORKLOAD

i feel like im really lazy or something because my workload hasnt been that significant yet...but im probably going to be studying my ass off over christmas for my foundation exam lol
Scottish_gurl
i feel like im really lazy or something because my workload hasnt been that significant yet...but im probably going to be studying my ass off over christmas for my foundation exam lol

Mine hasn't either :biggrin:

(Ignoring the 4 problem sheets per week that I don't do...)
Aw guys, where's the medic love?

A lot of the closeness is just due to the fact that we end up spending six years together; by the fourth year, most people would have left and so if you don't want to be a social pariah, you shouldn't shun your medic friends. That's also the reason for the separate socs and everything. That being said, medic events are usually open to non-medics (loads of people from my halls went to the Halloween bop this year) and everyone knows there ain't no party like a medic party.

Some medics are snobs, but they usually are friendless losers, so who cares?

Best thing: the people.

Worst thing: having to constantly choose between medic events and hall events and union events - I meet tonnes of people but feel I'm spreading myself too thin.
ive been to a few medics events as well, and i have 3 mates n hall who are medics...plus one of them made me join the lacrosse team so i end up at reynolds every wednesday lmao...the lacrosse team isnt all medics though lol
Reply 35
gammapulsar
Medics are coolio. And they have all the girls so don't complain.

Completely unrelated sunspoon i'm on huxley as welllll who are you do I have your facebook? :biggrin: lemme add you /puppy eyes

I dunno who you are but somehow I have 819 friends atm, so you must be in there somewhere.
Thanks for all the help!
So I'll make sure I watch out for the Medics :p: (only kidding)
So is it really unbelievably expensive in London or is it over exagerated by other people who don't actually live in London and it can be cheapish as long as you don't go mad with the spending?
Just asking as the reaction from most people when I say I'm applying to Imperial is "Ohhh London. Expensive, why don't you go to Liverpool/Southampton/Leeds?"
Reply 37
strandedintime
Thanks for all the help!
So I'll make sure I watch out for the Medics :p: (only kidding)
So is it really unbelievably expensive in London or is it over exagerated by other people who don't actually live in London and it can be cheapish as long as you don't go mad with the spending?
Just asking as the reaction from most people when I say I'm applying to Imperial is "Ohhh London. Expensive, why don't you go to Liverpool/Southampton/Leeds?"

Accommodation is expensive, beyond that I've noticed no difference in the cost of things to at home. Drink is actually cheaper in most pubs here for example than the ones I used to go to in my home town (Aylesbury).

Latest

Trending

Trending