The Student Room Group

The Field Hockey Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Are people starting pre season soon? I've started fitness but we don't start stick and ball until August.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 341
Original post by Atherilia
Are people starting pre season soon? I've started fitness but we don't start stick and ball until August.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've been given pre-season things to do...I still haven't started...Hate fitness :frown:
Reply 342
Original post by Atherilia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your post reminded me that pre-season exists :angry:
Reply 343
We don't have pre-season fitness at our club, just stick and ball :biggrin: but I'm still doing stuff anyway for North, cus we're playing Wales in September. Hate fitness :frown:

Is anyone here affiliated with Chester HC?
I have no idea when my teams pre-season is this year as I was cut out the loop last year. What made me angry about this was that it was obviously personal. I'm not there but even so, to delete me off the facebook group whilst keeping another guy who was also on a year abroad seems very fishy. I should find out when it is.

Either way I'll try and start actually working on my general fitness anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have just got back into hockey after not playing for about 5/6years... I missed it so much!! About to join local team again :smile:

Last week played 21 hours with one of the England U21 coaching us it was incredible!! What are your best experience with regards to training sessions??
I'm just getting back into hockey too, going to Sports Direct to get myself a stick later today. Very excited!
I do miss playing hockey but I don't miss the uni club. It was full of egos.
Original post by ChrissyH
After our dazzling cup run defeating sides from Glasgow and Aberdeen en route we crashed out in the semis last weekend :frown:, very happy to have made it to Peffermill though, lovely pitch. The only low part would be when the goalkeeper took me out, first time it's happened :frown:

Its horrible, a keeper slid me and took out my leg and injured me for 3/4 weeks, I feel your pain
Do anyone know about hockey at southampton solent uni?
Original post by stee-preater
Do anyone know about hockey at southampton solent uni?

I literally just typed 'southampton solent uni hockey' into Google and the top result was this:

http://www.solent.ac.uk/sport/team-solent/clubs/hockey.aspx
How do people feel about the new 15min quarters. Watching some of the champions trophy I really don't know how I feel about it.
I don't mind it.

I do love hockey's willingness to experiment with new rules.
Original post by TheMagicRat
I don't mind it.

I do love hockey's willingness to experiment with new rules.

True. Have you heard the two new rules coming in?

You can take an attacking free hit within the 5m of the circle but the ball still needs to travel 5m but being played in.

Long Corners will be taken from the 23m line as well.
Original post by SirMasterKey
True. Have you heard the two new rules coming in?

You can take an attacking free hit within the 5m of the circle but the ball still needs to travel 5m but being played in.

Long Corners will be taken from the 23m line as well.

Yes. I don't think the first one will have too much of an impact on the game but I like the sounds of the long corners one.
Reply 355
Hi I'm in my first season of hockey! Never played before, so I play for the lowest division at the moment in Surrey, injured myself in my first season so I'm out till mid Jan :frown: missing training and matches so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest