The Student Room Group

The Field Hockey Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
5c00ter
Men's, mixed is scary >.> i play females enough at club training and they're viscious.

The only time I've ever been hurt playing hockey was when a girl about half my size hit my in the head with a high-stick trying to play an ariel.
Atherilia
Netherlands woman are still number 1 (just) and they are also more local.

IMHO Argentina > Netherlands
I saw both of the Argentina vs Netherlands matches at the Champions Trophy and Argentina were something else, they won 4-2 both times

were you on the crew of the champions trophy by any chance? sounds like you watched alot of it?? (just asking 'coz i was on the crew)
Reply 122
colin4president
were you on the crew of the champions trophy by any chance? sounds like you watched alot of it?? (just asking 'coz i was on the crew)

Nope but I was there all week saw all champions trophy and mens four nations matches :grin:

You are so lucky to be on the crew, I would have loved to have been but too young
Reply 123
Whos been watching the commonwealth hockey?

AMAZING match between Pakistan and India. Probably one of the best goals I've seen in my life from India
Reply 124
Booooooooo p flicks
Reply 125
We need to sort ours out, we have lost so much this year on flicks.

I am happy having nailed drag flicks at training tonight :proud:
Reply 126
Uni hockey starts today!
It did indeed, my first team drew 3-3, not sure who with and the seconds lost 3-1 to UEA's 1st XI.

I start with the 3rds next week :biggrin:
Reply 128
yess hockey!!
just thought i'd brag about my lovely new socks and badge - school hockey colours dontcha know :biggrin:
1st XI goalie yessss
Wow I completely forgot about this.

Anyway, I only managed to play my first game last week which we lost 7-0 away to Coventry. However got another game in the cup tomorrow which we can hopefully do well in!
Reply 130
Original post by SirMasterKey
Wow I completely forgot about this.

Anyway, I only managed to play my first game last week which we lost 7-0 away to Coventry. However got another game in the cup tomorrow which we can hopefully do well in!

Yeah me too, been kinda wrapped in uni work this year. Still managed to turn out for every uni game and training session though although our season isn't looking too great hahaha.

Happy new year hockey peeps.
Reply 131
I miss hockey, training starts on thursday thank god, but it has been a long time since I went a full 6 weeks without hockey. :sad:
I can't wait to start again and I'm hoping to get it so that I can play all the games!

Also got my kit finally, even if it will only be for a few games. No. 19. Shame as I wanted 99.
Reply 133
Just had my first game this half of the season we lost for the first time in a year.
2 months and no full training and playing with 8-10 players.
:frown:

How is everyone else enjoying the start of the second half of the season
Haven't started again yet and don't for another couple of weeks. Got training on Monday though, which I might not even go to in order to revise for this exam on Tuesday.
Reply 135
Use hockey as a break from revision :smile:
Thought I would join in here having just come across this thread.

I play for Wednesbury 3rd team, which more than demonstrates to you my lack of skills. I should finally be going ot uni this year (I am now 21 and with pretty much everyone else I know finishing this year it seems strange). Anyway, I'm not too sure that I will continue to play at uni, but you never know.
Original post by TheMagicRat
Thought I would join in here having just come across this thread.

I play for Wednesbury 3rd team, which more than demonstrates to you my lack of skills. I should finally be going ot uni this year (I am now 21 and with pretty much everyone else I know finishing this year it seems strange). Anyway, I'm not too sure that I will continue to play at uni, but you never know.

Why not continue? At uni you get many people starting and it's always great fun! Your uni are sure to have a couple of teams at least. I'm in my uni's 3rd team and enjoy it.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Why not continue? At uni you get many people starting and it's always great fun! Your uni are sure to have a couple of teams at least. I'm in my uni's 3rd team and enjoy it.

I'm not saying I won't but I've played in some form or another for around ten years now and whilst I enjoy it I'm aware that there may be other things that I want to pursue. There are other sports that I prefer to play for a start, so I guess I will have to see about time and motivation and whatever else.
Reply 139
Anyone going to Super Sixes tomorrow at Wembley Arena?

Quick Reply

Latest