The Student Room Group

The Field Hockey Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Does anybody know of any hockey festivals during June/July/August?
I need tour this summer, but I can't go to MK this time :frown:
I play cocccck
Reply 162
Original post by riccoles
Does anybody know of any hockey festivals during June/July/August?
I need tour this summer, but I can't go to MK this time :frown:

You know of Mk Hockey?
Looking to move to that club next season.

But no, I don't know of any others. Shame that they are re-doing the pitch(?)
Reply 163
Season's over :frown:
Reply 164
Hi thought I'd come join in :smile:
Hate to say it but I'm on the umpires side :P My dad's very into hockey umpiring and has passed that down to my brothers. Jake (16) is on the National Young Umpiring Promising List (NYUPL, pronounced Nipple lol) and Isaac (12) has just been officially confirmed as the youngest Level One umpire in the country having passed his course 3 weeks ago.
I've been taking a bit of a back seat and am more of a supporter than an player but have been starting to think about doing my Level 1 too, I went through the exam paper and knew all of the answers so am thinking about doing some games and being assessed :smile:
Oh and playing wise, brothers are both goalies, Jake plays for Bury St Edmunds and Saxon Tigers and Isaac plays for Ipswich youth side and Suffolk (there's no regionals for his age group)
Reply 165
I passed my umpiring course a few months ago and my dad became an umpire to support me hockey playing and to help my club
Did anyone apply for tickets to the 2012 Olympic Hockey?

I applied for two sessions on August 1st (I think it was the first :tongue:) 4 men's matches for £40. Not too shabby really.

Touch wood I get at least tickets for one of the sessions.I avoided the evening one as I wanted to be able to get back home.

Also just applied to make this an official society. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Update: Society approved guys. Feel free to join it and I've added this thread to it. :smile:
Reply 168
Woop woop!

Me and my family have applied to quite a bit of hockey, mainly the women's though, have applied for mens semi's though.
Original post by Atherilia
Woop woop!

Me and my family have applied to quite a bit of hockey, mainly the women's though, have applied for mens semi's though.

Awesome. I was going to apply for one day of womens but decided that I wouldn't have been able to afford both days if I got them and would prefer to see men. Mad choice really as 4 games with hot ladies. What was I thinking? :moon:

Mine's just a prelim stage as later on were a bit more expensive I think. What catergory tickets did you go for?
Reply 170
Original post by SirMasterKey
Awesome. I was going to apply for one day of womens but decided that I wouldn't have been able to afford both days if I got them and would prefer to see men. Mad choice really as 4 games with hot ladies. What was I thinking? :moon:

Mine's just a prelim stage as later on were a bit more expensive I think. What catergory tickets did you go for?

I have no idea, my parents did the booking I just said what we HAD to go and see. semi's men and women's final hopefully
I really really want to see Argentina play.
Original post by Atherilia
I have no idea, my parents did the booking I just said what we HAD to go and see. semi's men and women's final hopefully
I really really want to see Argentina play.

That's one of the things I wasn't to happy about with the system. For all it's going to be a lottery on who's actually there competing but in team sports like football and hockey, you have no idea who will be playing on what day which might have affected your decision.

I wouldn't mind seeing, GB, Spain, Netherlands or Germany.

Other than that, I wouldn't really mind as long as it was a good game.

Are you doing any hockey atm? I could in theory potentially play in two matches to come for uni but won't be. One in the II's playoff game to stay up in BUCS and the match against the Old Boys which will probably just be the I's and II's.
Reply 172
Original post by SirMasterKey
That's one of the things I wasn't to happy about with the system. For all it's going to be a lottery on who's actually there competing but in team sports like football and hockey, you have no idea who will be playing on what day which might have affected your decision.

I wouldn't mind seeing, GB, Spain, Netherlands or Germany.

Other than that, I wouldn't really mind as long as it was a good game.

Are you doing any hockey atm? I could in theory potentially play in two matches to come for uni but won't be. One in the II's playoff game to stay up in BUCS and the match against the Old Boys which will probably just be the I's and II's.

I have my last match tomorrow, for county.
Reply 173
Anybody up for some SUMMER LEAGUE?!?!
Reply 174
Original post by Al_Funcoot
Anybody up for some SUMMER LEAGUE?!?!

There is not one near me this year :emo:
Anyone of you got Olympic tickets? I've got 4 for two sessions on either the 1st or 4th August. Can't remember which was the day I applied for now :colondollar:

So now to go out and ask any of my friends if they want to come with me.
Reply 176
I don't think we have heard yet.
Reply 177
Original post by Baltimoron
Serious question, and I don't mean to make fun of anyone but, do guys actually play field hockey in the UK? In the States, field hockey is almost strictly reserved for females. A guy would seriously get made fun of here if he said he played field hockey.

just for the record, hockey was invented by men, to keep soldiers fit in india during the days of empire!

put your biggest and toughest american footballer on a hockey pitch in a national league match and just see how long he lasts!
and if you want to really scare him, throw him into a ladies match!
I did get tickets for two sessions of the men's prelims on 1st August. :biggrin:

Now just to wait and see who it is I'll be watching.
didn't get any tickets to see hockey :frown:

well, don't think i did, i got 4 tickets and the only event i applied for 4 tickets for was handball. this ticketing system is a bloody nightmare, don't even tell you what you got...

Quick Reply

Latest