The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think its the opening night tonight. Anyone going?
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 41
yeah
Reply 42
Hmm...i'm not sure...
Reply 43
Not tonight, I do think it'll just be ridiculously packed, hope everyone who does go has fun though :smile:

Hope its finished by tonight as well. Drove past it an hour ago and there's still wires hanging down outside and bits of the sign missing :biggrin:
I don't know how packed it will be, because its supposedly 'invitation only' so then I'd of thought they'd have some clue on numbers. Although you want opening night to be ace and they'll want lots of profit so i doubt they'll be turning people away! But i'll be there anyway, if it gets too packed ill just have a little nose around and go to love2love or something because they will probably be dead hehe
Reply 45
Haha yeah, I was thinking on going to 'spoons tonight and I suspect it'd be pretty dead :biggrin:
Reply 46
So, am I right in thinking this place used to be called Zanzibar? I take it that place was a bit naff. Do you lot have high hopes for Couture? It certainly sounds good on paper
Reply 47
The premises used to be owned by Zanzibar, but they sold them about this time last year if I remember.

I certainly do have high hopes for Couture as I think most people do. Stafford needs a good night club and this has been hyped up to be just that. Let's just hope it's not all hype :smile:
Reply 48
Its first come first served the girl said, so by the looks of it they are expecting over the 2500 people limit :/
Reply 49
yeah they send out like 7500 VIP invites

and it is better than zanzibar was not that i saw it but ive been told
Reply 50
BOYYYYCOTTTTTTTTTT the place
Reply 51
I've not long came back from town and it seemed to be busy, don't know how many were actually in the club though?!

I'm just gonna stick to going on Student Nights I reckon.

edit: and anywheres better than Zanzibar!
Reply 52
They let me in fine but they wouldn't let my mate in and i'm not going in on my own. really p-ed me off cos the whole thing has been a disaster since i had anything to do with it. its a joke. imma stick to student nights too. cba with the effort to try and get in when the guys you're meant to be working for don't give a sht
Reply 53
why, what's happened? why did they not let your mate in??
Reply 54
apparently everyone is being turned away for looking too "casual"
Reply 55
i've read all the comments on the FB groups, sounds like the bouncers are right dickheads.

I mean, turning people away for wearing tattoos?! What a bunch of retards!
Reply 56
I went out of my way to make sure I didn't go against the clothing guidelines on the website and I was told that I looked too casual because I had a T-shirt on under my shirt and my jeans had pockets on them. Was wearing shoes, etc. So I tried the other bouncer who let me in but refused my mate because he had converses on.

Dress

we appreciate everyone has their own style. we encouage people to be different / cool / happening / stand out from the crowd.

….afteral, it’s not about what you wear, but more along th ethos of how you wear it.

listed are some general pointers:

no burberry / kickers / rockport / pod / henri lloyd / aqua scutum / stripey jumpers
no baggy clothing / hoods / sunglasses / caps / excessive jewelery
no heavy boots / workwear / team colours.

dress to enjoy the glitz and glamour of a good night out!.

see you on the dancefloor!.x

What a crock of ****. Was **** from the sound of it anyway. I'm over the place already.
Reply 57
noaksey
why, what's happened? why did they not let your mate in??

i think his shoes. they were those soft leathery kinda pump lookin things with tiny holes in.
they were fine though. i was the most annoyed out of the four of us lol

not a good impression to give someone who is meant to be telling everyone how great it is there.
Dress

we appreciate everyone has their own style. we encouage people to be different / cool / happening / stand out from the crowd.

….afteral, it’s not about what you wear, but more along th ethos of how you wear it.

listed are some general pointers:

no burberry / kickers / rockport / pod / henri lloyd / aqua scutum / stripey jumpers
no baggy clothing / hoods / sunglasses / caps / excessive jewelery
no heavy boots / workwear / team colours.

dress to enjoy the glitz and glamour of a good night out!.

see you on the dancefloor!.x

Not a good sign when you can't spell things correctly on your website :/
Reply 59
Basically people were turned down, for wearing trainers, tattoo's, having a skinheads etc. So London rules really lol. Which shouldnt be applied here as its main audience surely is students?

Agreed it was bad, but around 12ish i saw the people that were getting turned away getting in.. soooo by the power of logic, they were being ***** because they knew they couldnt fit 7500 people in 2500 limit club at around 10/11.

Besides, there was a dress code somewhere even if it wasn't clearly advertised, its not hard to wear nice shoes..

Latest

Trending

Trending