The Student Room Group

Getting Into a Top 20 With My GCSE's

Hey guys, I was just doing a little thinking and I wanted to know what you think about my chances of getting into a top 20 school to do economics.

My GCSE grades are:

A*'s (4) - Mathematics, Business (2) and History
A's - (6) - English (2), Science (2), Statistics and IT
B's - (1) - French

I was thinking about applying for the likes of Warwick, Duhram, Exeter, Bristol etc.

Opinion please :smile:?
Reply 1
LolCatz92
Hey guys, I was just doing a little thinking and I wanted to know what you think about my chances of getting into a top 20 school to do economics.

My GCSE grades are:

B's - (1) - French

I was thinking about applying for the likes of Warwick, Duhram, Exeter, Bristol etc.

Well if you have Good A level subject combinations, Good AS grades, Good PS, Good Reference and GOOD predicted grades - then your stated GSCEs will not hinder you application in TOP 20 (but may not be the case if you decide for TOP 10) Good luck - and do well at AS....
Your GCSE's are fine. It's your predicted A-level grades that will matter in the end.
Reply 3
Oh no(!) The B in French will really mess you up... (!)Do your ASs and then ask, if you get As then go for it, if you get Bs and Cs then no.
Reply 4
Mann18
Oh no(!) The B in French will really mess you up... (!)Do your ASs and then ask, if you get As then go for it, if you get Bs and Cs then no.

dont listen to fools like him.

tell us ur AS grades and predictions. and if you are in year 12 then wait til you have ur AS grades before worrying about uni.

what are your subjects at a-level anyway?
Reply 5
Your grades are very good, now worry about your A levels.
Reply 6
danny111
dont listen to fools like him.

tell us ur AS grades and predictions. and if you are in year 12 then wait til you have ur AS grades before worrying about uni.

what are your subjects at a-level anyway?

Thats basically what i said, do your ASs first. Maybe he shouldn't listen to you either since people who say I what I say (i.e. you) are fools... :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Mann18
Thats basically what i said, do your ASa first. Maybe he shouldn't listen to you either since people who say I what I say (i.e. you) are fools... :rolleyes:

B in french is gonna bring him down?

not quite what i said.
Reply 8
Well they're a lot higher than mine and I'm aiming for entirely top 10 Unis (with one 25th Uni I already have an offer for.)

You'll be FINE! (Assuming your AS are the same qualtiy as these.)
Reply 9
danny111
B in french is gonna bring him down?

not quite what i said.

Note the (!) (!)= sarcasm. I thought that was internationally known as the ironic exlamation?
Reply 10
My AS's are Economics, Maths, Politics and Physics predicted Grade A,A,A,B.
Reply 11
Mann18
Note the (!) (!)= sarcasm. I thought that was internationally known as the ironic exlamation?

That was what i was thinking as well :yes:
You should be fine. Exeter, for instance, give typical offers of AAA - AAB for Economics.
Reply 13
Mann18

oh, in that case i apologise.
Reply 14
danny111
oh, in that case i apologise.

Please, don't insult me with apologies(!)

See how I did that? No, but we're cool.
Reply 15
LolCatz92

My GCSE grades are:

B's - (1) - French

My AS's are Economics, Maths, Politics and Physics predicted Grade A,A,A,B.

Wait until you get your AS grades. But with grade A in maths and economics you will be fine for offers outside the top 11. Inside the top 11 it will be harder.
Reply 16
Make sure you get an A in Maths and Economics this year.
LolCatz92

My GCSE grades are:

B's - (1) - French

I think the fact you can't use the search function on a forum says a lot tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending