The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Choices

Hello all.
I am from India and wan't to apply to imperial college london for engineering as an international student this year.

Performance so far:
TOEFL ibt 110/120

SAT Subject tests
maths level 2 790/800
maths level 1 760/800
physics 800/800

I got 93% in my grade 10 ( central board ), and presently in grade 12 (central board).
I am national level cyclists and won a gold, a silver and a bronze in state cycling championships.

I cleared 3 stages of Indian national maths olympiad ( only 100 students selected all over india)
Predicted grades in A levels:
Maths A* , physics A* and further mathematics hopefully A*

My first choice is aeronautical engineering (MTech) , 2nd choice is mechanical engineering (MTech).
I am applying to Imperial College and university of manchester, so out of first 5 choices I will choose 4 choices at imperial and last at manchester.
There are courses with a year abroad at imperial e.g. in aeronautical engineering. Are courses with a year abroad more competitive than the rest? Tell me which one I should choose ( year abroad or other).
I also read that a small proportion of studetnts are sent to MIT for 3rd year ( Is that possible only with a year abroad program or any other)

Also tell my chances of getting in.
Thanks
Reply 1
You're quite smart. Come to our country and breed.

We want your brainz.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
As the same people generally select candidates for year abroad and the normal degree, you're pretty much wasting 2/5 of your choices :sad:
Reply 3
Oh yeah, I didn't see that. OP, why don't you apply to places like Lougborough and Birmingham too?
Reply 4
gold in mass start, silver in time trial and bronze in track mass start
Reply 5
They'll probably beg you to go and study there. You are obviously smart enough and you'll get them all that lovely international student money.
Reply 6
carreshwell
Hello all.
I am from India and wan't to apply to imperial college london for engineering as an international student this year.

Performance so far:
TOEFL ibt 110/120

SAT Subject tests
maths level 2 790/800
maths level 1 760/800
physics 800/800

I got 93% in my grade 10 ( central board ), and presently in grade 12 (central board).
I am national level cyclists and won a gold, a silver and a bronze in state cycling championships.

I cleared 3 stages of Indian national maths olympiad ( only 100 students selected all over india)
Predicted grades in A levels:
Maths A* , physics A* and further mathematics hopefully A*

My first choice is aeronautical engineering (MTech) , 2nd choice is mechanical engineering (MTech).
I am applying to Imperial College and university of manchester, so out of first 5 choices I will choose 4 choices at imperial and last at manchester.
There are courses with a year abroad at imperial e.g. in aeronautical engineering. Are courses with a year abroad more competitive than the rest? Tell me which one I should choose ( year abroad or other).
I also read that a small proportion of studetnts are sent to MIT for 3rd year ( Is that possible only with a year abroad program or any other)

Also tell my chances of getting in.
Thanks

I've moved this to the Imperial College London forum. You'll get a more focused response here :smile:
Reply 7
Why don't you just apply? That's the only way you'll know...
It seems kind of dumb applying to the same department 4 times at the same uni, if you are going to get rejected from 1 you have a high chance of being rejected from all. Much better to decide which course is the one for you, and choose some other UK unis. I can't see why you aren't Oxbridge material.
Reply 9
i missed oxford deadline, otherwise i am applying to MIT,Stanford, Princeton, Berkeley and few others in USA.
I thought that Aeronautical Engineering at Imperial is very competitive, so I want to apply for Mechanical also.
Reply 10
Are you currently in India at the moment ... have you seen the campus .. have you been to london ?
Reply 11
By the sounds of it you simply want to get into an 'elite' university either here in the UK or Stateside regardless of what subject you study - not a good way to go about your application.

Latest

Trending

Trending