The Student Room Group

Most unpopular course?

Scroll to see replies

ChemistBoy
The brewing and distilling course at Heriot-Watt is pretty popular, actually.

Being pretty into beer and whisky and already working part time brewing beer, I for one would certainly go for it. :biggrin: I did actually seriously consider it alongside all my biochem options...before I had the thought that if I was actually qualified in brewing, my dad would hold me captive in his microbrewery forever. :eek:

Not surprised it's popular; it's the only place (I believe anyway-though there may be one other uni that does a post-grad qualification in brewing-although uni of sunderland also do some certificate/diploma qualifications) you can get a degree in brewing. It's a very sciency thing, is brewing, I'll have everyone know. :wink:
Original post by zanzapan

Original post by zanzapan
Sheffield Hallam University (S21) qualification ....
Railway Technology (H334) 4SW/3FT Hon BSc

maybe? hahaha

Staffordshire University (S72) qualification
Stop-motion Animation and Puppet-Making (WW67) 3FT Hon BA

The University of Birmingham (B32) qualification
Applied Golf Management Studies (N290) 3FT Hon BA

Barony College (B12) qualification
Fish Farming (134D) 1FT HNC

Bath Spa University (B20) qualification
Contemporary Circus and Physical Performance (W900) 2FT Fdg FdA

London South Bank University (L75) qualification
Baking Technology Management (D634) 2FT Fdg FdSc

Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (H24) qualification
Brewing and Distilling (C980) 4FT Hon BSc

University of Central Lancashire (C30) qualification
Sexual Health Studies (B901) 3FT Hon BSc

:O HNC fish farming at barony IS popular! the guy that stopped the terrorists at glasgow airport the other year is taking it this year!
Live Music BA.
Reply 83
Original post by Tefhel
Plenty, I mean there are a load at UCL for example, there is stuff like "Slovak (with Czech) and East European Studies BA" - who the heck does that?
Most of the courses you get at clearing are really random subjects at random unis (not saying UCL is a random uni!).

But those are isolated to single universities, not everywhere does it.

Engineering is undersubscribed.
Original post by synvilla
Personally, I wouldn't mind studying it. However, if I'm gonna study Slovak I would only do it in Slovakia. Brr, I shrug at the thought of only learning a language in class and then never getting use for it outside of class. Hence why I'm studying Eastern european studies and Polish in Poland :wink:

think most language courses send you on a year abroad. mate is doing russian as part of his course at ucl, and heading out there for a year next year.
tourism management
What course are did you do, may I ask?
Original post by tailormade7
What course are did you do, may I ask?

4 year old thread :frown: Don't hold your breath for an answer
9 year old thread !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending