The Student Room Group

Ask Powerlifter - Gents and gals of all goals welcome

Scroll to see replies

Powerlifter
:ahee:

Just posted some vids in my blog. Would appreciate comments when you get chance, especially on the presses :cool:
Reply 2101
Powerlifter, How long have you been training?
Strength specific about 4 years
I've been getting crazy lower back pumps as of late when doing lightish squats. Could this be from contracting too hard with my lower back or the complete opposite and be caused by rounding?

Or could it be a dietary issue?
Would u recommend weightlifting shoes with a heel or should I just concentrate nailing the form barefooted?
Ok, with my squats, as they've been getting heavier lately i've found that my hands, instead of just holding onto the bar gently have been pulling down on the bar which is weird in my opinion but i have no idea...

First time i did it i thought i was making the lift harder for myself by making the bar heavier then i realised that made no sense... Just wondered what it's supposed to feel like.

Normal high bar rear squat btw...
Original post by Powerlifter

Hey.

So I don't know if you remember but I asked you 4 weeks ago about my stalling bench (stuck at 85kg). I did the deload as you said and today I tried 85kg again and, well, I made no improvements.

Only got 3 reps which was the same as before I deloaded (technically not that week as I only got 2 then but the week before that I had got 3).

What should I? Keep at it and put it down to a bad day? I don't think my eating or sleeping is to blame - my squat, deadlift etc. are all going up fine.
2 Large fries, cheeseburger, chicken legend, large milkshake, one litre of milk, chicken breast, half pint ribena + creatine

=

puke.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Hey.

So I don't know if you remember but I asked you 4 weeks ago about my stalling bench (stuck at 85kg). I did the deload as you said and today I tried 85kg again and, well, I made no improvements.

Only got 3 reps which was the same as before I deloaded (technically not that week as I only got 2 then but the week before that I had got 3).

What should I? Keep at it and put it down to a bad day? I don't think my eating or sleeping is to blame - my squat, deadlift etc. are all going up fine.

Back off for a while longer, and also train the stalling point be it off the chest, lockout etc
Reply 2110
What are your stats?
Back off for a while longer, and also train the stalling point be it off the chest, lockout etc

It's mainly off the chest. How would you train for that?
It's mainly off the chest. How would you train for that?

Lower weight to around 85% of your current 3 rep max - perform each rep with a controlled pause on the chest.

Cambered bars are useful as are dumbbells IF you have the shoulder flexibility for it.

Heavy upper backwork (the lats are massively involved in the initial press motion)
Original post by GQ.
What are your stats?

My e-penis is 12 inches long - but to be fair it varies boredering the possibly belivable but ensuring it is longer than anyone else in the thread.
Lower weight to around 85% of your current 3 rep max - perform each rep with a controlled pause on the chest.

Cambered bars are useful as are dumbbells IF you have the shoulder flexibility for it.

Heavy upper backwork (the lats are massively involved in the initial press motion)

Wait.

Should I do this instead of what I do now or as assistance exercise?

As in, should I drop back down to 80kg for example and then after I get 80 x 5 do 72.5 for reps (paused)?
Wait.

Should I do this instead of what I do now or as assistance exercise?

As in, should I drop back down to 80kg for example and then after I get 80 x 5 do 72.5 for reps (paused)?

Instead of what you are doing
Instead of what you are doing

For how long?

(Sorry if it's getting annoying now :colondollar:)
Until its not a weakness anymore
Reply 2118
Can you rip off your t-shirt like the guy in my sig? If so video evidence is needed.
Original post by GQ.
Can you rip off your t-shirt like the guy in my sig? If so video evidence is needed.

In that case no.

Quick Reply

Latest