The Student Room Group

Bethnal Green, London - Dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

Good location near the East London Mosque.
The dangerous areas in East London currently:
Custom House (Very dangerous)
Silvertown (Very dangerous)
Some parts of Forest Gate (dangerous)
Maryland / North East Stratford and close areas like Leytonstone (Maryland not so dangerous anymore but be careful in Leytonstone)
Hackney (Dangerous but Hackney is a large area)
Plaistow (Not sure about this area but I think it is no longer dangerous)
Southwest Stratford(Probably no longer dangerous after the Olympics and the Westfield shopping centre that opened there)
Canning Town (Not so dangerous but be careful)

Even with all these areas East London is still the safest among the other parts of London.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
I rented a apartment in Bethnal Green , when visiting the 02 arena Saturday night , and got lost on my way back from the 02 at 1:30am in the morning , ended up wondering round Bethnal Green trying to fiend were we were stopping for an hour or so till my mate found me pissed
Never had any body bothering me 😀👍
They had a vintage fair there once...
Reply 24
Original post by ymg177
The dangerous areas in East London currently:
Custom House (Very dangerous)
Silvertown (Very dangerous)
Some parts of Forest Gate (dangerous)
Maryland / North East Stratford and close areas like Leytonstone (Maryland not so dangerous anymore but be careful in Leytonstone)
Hackney (Dangerous but Hackney is a large area)
Plaistow (Not sure about this area but I think it is no longer dangerous)
Southwest Stratford(Probably no longer dangerous after the Olympics and the Westfield shopping centre that opened there)
Canning Town (Not so dangerous but be careful)

Even with all these areas East London is still the safest among the other parts of London.

Lived in Hackney and still visit very often. I've never run into any issues, even wandering around alone past midnight. It's not bad if you've got a brain, know where to avoid and can just do the basic things like watch your back and not walk into empty side streets.
London is stupidly safe, what do you think will happen, you'll get fined for not paying your bus fair :rofl:
I grow up in Bethnal green, and yes it can be mad at times, I lived on Cleveland Way Estate for 30 years and I have seen it all from Gang's fighting to Police kicking thru peoples door's, Its like any where you go now As Long as you don't go around Looking for trouble then you're be fine. A word of advice to all you Who have no street smart's ............ Don't Flash your I-PHONES OR WALLET'S There are Crack Heads who well Rob you, there brave ......

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending