The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Business Economics or Pure Economics?

Hello the students at Leicester.

I am stuck on choosing between Economics or Business Economics,because I like them both.I looked at the descriptions of two courses,they both seem interesting,so I dunno what to do.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone currently studying or studied Economics or Business Economics,which one is better regarding teaching etc?Or just tell me what you think of the course if you are doing one of them please.

Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 1
noone?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
I don't study either but I'm in the economics department and have friends that do both. Basically, you'll be doing a lot of the same modules so in terms of teaching, lectures will be all the same and tutors is just pot luck. From what I can tell, your first year is exactly the same, second year you get options in straight eco but not in business and then third year everyone gets options.

I'd say a bigger choice for you is whether to do BA or BSc - this is where there's key differences, mostly to do with the mathematical content of the course. Entry requirements are the same for BA and BSc except Bsc need A-level maths which will definitely be needed from what I've seen. If you want more specifics I might know or could find out..

Oh and just a passing thought, economics is a very male dominated subject (Ignoring the foreign students), so you'll be one of few females in lectures.
Reply 3
thanks
I put down Eco :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending