The Student Room Group

NCTJ Prelim exams

I was wondering if to get into universities to study Journalism with NCTJ accreditation do you have to complete the entrance exam at each university interview and visit or do you only do it once? All 5 universities I have applied to are accredited so I was just thinking that it might be a bit silly doing the exam 5 times? Any answers? :confused:
Each university will not get in touch with each other to see whether or not you failed or passed. The exam you take is marked by the university staff there and then (usually there and then anyway) and not the NCTJ people.
Entrance exams for university courses are not the same as the NCTJ prelim exams - these are national tests that are taken when you start training as a journalist.
Some universities do entrance exams but not all - only 1/5 of the unis I applied to required me to take a test, and they were all NCTJ accredited. If all 5 of your unis request that you take an exam then i'm afraid you will have to do it 5 times as its likely that they will be different tests (though it is mostly about why you want to be a journalist), and as **CutiePie** said, they're marked by the staff at each university and they will be the ones that let you know whether you passed or failed (and you usually find this out by whether or not you get an offer from the uni!)
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1059603 - theres more about the NCTJ prelims and entrance exams in my faq here :smile:
Reply 3
That was really helpful :smile: cheers guys!

Latest

Trending

Trending