The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nexttime
Target for this week was 59k. Actually achieved: 72k, with 3 more k's to come tomorrow.

Target next week: 63k. Don't want to push too hard.

Impressive!

I'm trying to up my distance a bit seeing as I've got my first half marathon coming up soon.
I just find it so difficult to find the time though, especially now that it's dark when I get home from work! :frown:
Hit a new longest distance today, 14.77km in 1hr 35 minutes. So annoying as I probably could of got under 1hr 30 but I got hit with a crippling stitch in the last couple of kms and I had to slow right down, and even stop a few times. So annoying because apart from that I felt really good and strong. Can't believe at the start of the year I couldn't run for 800m without dying and now I'm running nearly 15K.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Third and final half marathon of the year next week. Kinda concerned that I'm going to miss the cut off.
Tough Mudder in 4 weeks. **** **** **** **** ****
8.6k tonight in 53 minutes, still feeling slow but I'm getting there, lost a few pounds in the last week too :smile:
Original post by OU Student
Third and final half marathon of the year next week. Kinda concerned that I'm going to miss the cut off.

Wow :smile: well done for doing that and good luck! I really want to do a half marathon next year, but at the moment I can't run that far.
Original post by hermitthefrog
Hit a new longest distance today, 14.77km in 1hr 35 minutes. So annoying as I probably could of got under 1hr 30 but I got hit with a crippling stitch in the last couple of kms and I had to slow right down, and even stop a few times. So annoying because apart from that I felt really good and strong. Can't believe at the start of the year I couldn't run for 800m without dying and now I'm running nearly 15K.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry about the stitch, that's a fine distance, look into doing some 10 mile races, it's a really great length to race
Starting to manage 10k a bit more comfortably now, average pace of around 9:40 per mile :smile:

Really want to start increasing my speed now though, as my 5k is still around 9 mins per mile as well, does anyone have any tips? I currently run 3-4 times a week, on which one or two I do some sprints/intervals and one is a long run. Should I start increasing the intensity of these, running more often (say 6 times a week), or going for longer on my long run?

Any advice appreciated :smile:
Got into the London marathon via the ballot.... I now have the fear!
Thread closed as it's reached >10,000 posts :woo:

New thread can be found here :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest