The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fleecing political correctness for all it's worth.

Dont get me wrong, if i was in their position, i would try and get a wad of cash for damages.. but still.
How moronic. "They wouldn't call us a white couple, would they?" Well yes they probably would if all the other patrons were black. What a tool.
Inappropriate, perhaps, but describing someone as black these days isn't racist unless it's meant in a malicious way. These days it's almost as common as saying "yeah look, the blonde girl over there" to describe someone..
Fools! What's there to take offence at (to?)? Are they being discriminated against? No. Ergo, they fail.
Reply 44
Seen this kinda thing happen before.. when somone's describing a black person they'll probably use that as thier main characteristic for identification, but if it's not mentioned people assume they're white. I don't think it's rascist.. but it's certainly quite insensitive.
Unfortunately, all of these trivial cases we hear about will only serve to increase race-based antagonism in society and more people will gradually become blasé about the genuine cases of racism because it’s vastly becoming such a hackneyed term.
Reply 46
No, bit thoughtless printing it on the receipt given to them though.
If it said ****** couple, then it would have been racist.
Arghh this is ridiculous! They are black. It's just a statement/observation/description etc. I'm known as "the really short girl", if someone wrote that on a receipt i wouldn't give a damn, actually i'd probably find it amusing. Seems like they have a chip on their shoulder tbh..
L i b
Ah, the righteous indignation of the common racist. Makes you proud.

Good one.
Sounds more like a chip on the shoulder. Why the **** is stating the obvious now racism.
Reply 50
As everyone else has said - They are black?

I think they are being racist themselves by seeing it as racism. If you get that :rolleyes:
Reply 51
Not really racist, I would laugh it off and as I leave I'd say thank you 'white folks'
nnnomi
Receipt

I before E except after C

Epic Fail.

Im Black and find this the most stupid thing I have seen for weeks.What Fools

Another Epic Fail.
This is exactly why I don't give a sh*t about racism!
Reply 54
if they'd been told to GTFO for being black then feel free to try playing the race card...
no, they should grow up, it's not as if they wrote the n word on it
Reply 56
they really need to grow a pair
Heaven forfend that a black couple might be described as a black couple.
Reply 58
death.drop
making a big deal out of nothing. it's a bloody description with nothing offensive in it.

I know i've said things like that when pointing my boss round the corner. along with 'tall bloke' 'woman with bright blonde hair' etc.

Yes!

I used to work at a gymnastics club where there would be 30 kids in a session, all within a few years of each other. One time, my boss was looking down the register and said 'who's Rosie' and I said 'the ginger kid at the far end' and she had a MASSIVE go at me and said 'she is NOT ginger, she HAPPENS to have red hair' which was blatantly ridiculous. When you have that many kids, you just have to point them out by their most distinctive feature, whther that is red hair, dark skin, french braids etc And for the record, Rosie was actually one of my favourites.
Reply 59
nnnomi
Receipt

I before E except after C

Wow aren't you a clever girl! Well done! Do you want a gold star?

Latest

Trending

Trending