The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hmm... I'm sure my vet will give me a good reference, although it will probably take him ages to write it. Other than that...well, I might be able to get 1 or 2 ok references, though they won't be in much detail. I'm worried about liverpool though. I got emails from the other 3 unis who don't really mind whether you have references of not, but at the open day, I think liverpool might have said they wanted references from ALL the placements I did. Can anyone comfirm how true this is?
Reply 21
~*starlight*conquest*~
Hmm... I'm sure my vet will give me a good reference, although it will probably take him ages to write it. Other than that...well, I might be able to get 1 or 2 ok references, though they won't be in much detail. I'm worried about liverpool though. I got emails from the other 3 unis who don't really mind whether you have references of not, but at the open day, I think liverpool might have said they wanted references from ALL the placements I did. Can anyone comfirm how true this is?

yeah, on the open day i got told liverpool want you to bring references from everywhere you've been if you get called for interview too
Got references from all placements apart from 3, but those 3 are easily gotten if I need them ^_^.
liverpool said a maximum of 8 sheets or 10 sheets or something so they can't expect references from all of them. try going in in person too ask for references, it might help them remember who you are.
all the ones i;ve been emails have been typed up on headed paper and sent as attachments. a couple of them werent signed cos of this but they clearly looked authentic.

i need to do some crafty photocopying of one of my references cos they spelt my name completely wrong so i need to change that.
Well, I've started going back to all my placements to ask them for references. The farmers I worked with are being oddly helpful. I was expecting them to be very lazy about it, but instead they were very enthusiastic about it :smile: I'll just get as many as I can I guess, although at least 2 of them will just state when I was there I think.
Woo, got references from all my placements ^_^.

Latest

Trending

Trending