The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
save them for queening / 2p-ing drinks ... :ninja:

umm, mostly 5ps, 2ps and 1ps go in my piggy bank and then i take it along to the bank whenever its full. a full piggy bank is only ever about £5 though :frown:
See how many I can fit up my nose/drunk sleepy people's noses at a time.

My collection seems to be shrinking, however.
http://www.royalmint.com/corporate/policies/legal_tender_guidelines.aspx

Coins are legal tender throughout the United Kingdom for the following amount:

£5 (Crown) - for any amount

£2 - for any amount

£1 - for any amount

50p - for any amount not exceeding £10

25p (Crown) - for any amount not exceeding £10

20p - for any amount not exceeding £10

10p - for any amount not exceeding £5

5p - for any amount not exceeding £5

2p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

1p - for any amount not exceeding 20p

Which means you can buy a house in pound coins.
Throw them at old people and/or children.
Wild_Precious_Life
The Poor and Needy WPL Foundation comes first I'm afraid. :biggrin:

I think we should combine our charities and form the Mutual Doner Kebab Consumption Trust Fund. :holmes:
Reply 45
If I have 5x 1p coins and also a 5p coin I won't spend the 5p, rather the 5x 1p coins. If I have 2x 5p coins and a 10p coin I would spend the 2x 5p coins instead etc etc.

Not because I'm a **** but rather because I hate my purse being filled with coins.

So to answer the OP - I spend them :h:
Reply 46
I once took a bunch of coppers to a bank once and the lady I gave them to clearly looked like she wanted to slap the caps off my knees because I made her weigh that shi* and then give me a tenner for it.
I melt them :awesome:
Reply 48
Throw them at jews.
Irrelevance
I think we should combine our charities and form the Mutual Doner Kebab Consumption Trust Fund. :holmes:

And then the Irrelevance and WPL Healthy Heart Foundation a few years down the line. Sorted!
I save mine up in my elephant bank and then exchange them in the bank just before xmas for xmas present shopping/ night out/ january sales etc :smile:
Wild_Precious_Life
And then the Irrelevance and WPL Healthy Heart Foundation a few years down the line. Sorted!

I make the drugs, you see to the patients, amirite?

Then you can see to me :coma:
Irrelevance
I make the drugs, you see to the patients, amirite?

Then you can see to me :coma:

It would be strictly professional of course, that goes without saying. :wink:
Reply 53
I take them to the bank once it's over £10 (if I notice).
If you make the effort you can spend it quite easily without looking like a cheapskate. I saved a stupid amount through not bothering to spend anything under 50p, but now I'm a bit more skint these days and like to see how long I can cope without splitting a note. Stuff like giving over £10.32 when you're paying for something that costs £8.32 really gets rid of the change. I've not had to add any more coins to the coin box in a couple months now :smile:
Wild_Precious_Life
It would be strictly professional of course, that goes without saying. :wink:

...Are you coming onto me?
fernandotorres999
what bank?

HSBC =) very handy
Irrelevance
...Are you coming onto me?

Back to your old tricks I see. No, I'm keeping things strictly professional, as always. :biggrin:
Gamble them away at London Trocadero Funland
Reply 59
I use them to make batteries. :rolleyes:

I put them all in a jar. Though sometimes if I'm gagging for a can of Coke/chocolate bar/Rustlers I raid the penny jar to find the rest of the change needed to add to the shrapnel so I can afford the above luxuries without having to go to an ATM or unleash my debit card.

Latest

Trending

Trending