The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Gotta love Boris, my hero worships:

Winston Churchill, Muhammad Ali, Boris Johnson :P
Reply 61
lol wow, I would give anything to have been there.
Craig_D
Firstly, you said everyone, not "everyone ... in Greater London".

Second, you don't need to live in London to know that nobody was any safer in London under Livingston. 7/7 happened, de Menezes was killed. Ok, crime stats rise and fall but it was pretty much the same.

Suggesting I have no idea just because I don't live there is an ad hominem.

It was implied. 7/7 was not the Mayor's fault. He was slightly more responsible for de Menezes because he has a certain amount of control over the Met, but not much.

And no it wasn't an ad hominem. It was a legitimate argument.
punkyrocker
I live in London and I'm afraid to say I agree with the dislike of Ken Livingstone. I think the fact he had 8 years to do what you're suggesting, and didn't, is a fair comment.

And to the story: I love Boris even more now, if humanly possible. He's hardly threatening - oiks...? What language.

You can't have a clown in charge of a respectable office. He overdoes this whole comedy man thing to the extreme.
Reply 64
OMG!

I just fell in love with him a little bit more..
Reply 65
What a man. What a Legend.

And yes, I think you're all being cynical to suggest it was made up. It would be quickly found out if it were.
Reply 66
Good on him,

though he's still a ****. If he wants to be a comedian, albeit a pretty sloppy one, he should do stand up. If he actually wants to do politics he should engage in his job sensibly; though it's a shame people are elected not for their policies or intelligence, but by public image.
Reply 67
rockrunride
It was implied. 7/7 was not the Mayor's fault. He was slightly more responsible for de Menezes because he has a certain amount of control over the Met, but not much.

And no it wasn't an ad hominem. It was a legitimate argument.

Well I'm not going to accuse Livingston of being responsible for those attacks, or even de Menezes, my point was simply that the difference is the level of safety is probably negligible.

Well, as you say, you live in London not me; but (if somehow you didn't know who was Mayor ... or if somehow you thought Livingston was still Mayor) can you really say that London is really any worse a place to live now? Is there honestly any genuine difference at all?
Reply 68
I like BoJo, I saw this yesterday. Something about the man just makes you need to smile.
ChaoticMaster
And my initial point was nothing to do with scaring them away but instead referring to chasing them with a crowbar. The person who replied implied that he hadn't done this. That or he completely missed my original point.

Fair enough. That will teach me for relying on misinterpretations for my interpretation!
Good drills that floppy haired mayor.

I'd wager Red Ken would have fled so fast his feet wouldn't have touched the ground.
lol at Boris....even if you hate him politically, you have to love the man fo doing this....Oiks....now that is man with superior vocabulary
He's my hero.
Reply 73
Saw this in the Metro earlier. Best story I've read in a while :smile:
Bless him!
Reply 74
Christian_j
Good old BoJo, I don't know a lot about his policies or anything but I think he's hilarious.

The oiks bit is the best, we need more people like him around, it's a word that needs to be bought back. :biggrin:

BoJo...is that like Susan Boyle being SuBo?!

What a hero though. I wish our Lord Provost was like that...but all he does is waste a load of money on the car he has for "official" stuff...which he actually uses to have his glorified butler pick up stuff for him while parking on double yellows or whatever it was.. no chasing people on a bike :frown:
lol is cool, good on him, "Oiks" lol that word needs to be used more
Reply 76
What a f@*^ing legend!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending