The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone write anything relating to ansoff's matrix in question 2 due to it being extremely risky as they were looking to introduce a new product in a new market?
Reply 201
elpearlfish
Did anyone write anything relating to ansoff's matrix in question 2 due to it being extremely risky as they were looking to introduce a new product in a new market?

yeah, I did... personally I found that the hardest question though all you could talk about is problems with risky stratgeies.
i also wrote about the fact that although they were spending a hell of a lot of money on this intial research into new technology. If it is mainly just to improve their japanese market that it would only create short term benifits, as the technology of the market is advancing so fast over their. That in order to maintain market share vodafone would constantly have to plough alot of money into research, therefore this would be hard to maintain, and probably unworthwhile.

Also it mentions 3 and how unsuccesful the releas of their new technology phones has been, so why is it likely to work an awful lot better for Vodafone.

Emma xx
Reply 203
elpearlfish
i also wrote about the fact that although they were spending a hell of a lot of money on this intial research into new technology. If it is mainly just to improve their japanese market that it would only create short term benifits, as the technology of the market is advancing so fast over their. That in order to maintain market share vodafone would constantly have to plough alot of money into research, therefore this would be hard to maintain, and probably unworthwhile.

Also it mentions 3 and how unsuccesful the releas of their new technology phones has been, so why is it likely to work an awful lot better for Vodafone.

Emma xx

Yeah that sounds pretty good, you know what kinda marks you need for different grades etc?
i needed about 40/120 for an A how about u?
Reply 205
elpearlfish
i needed about 40/120 for an A how about u?

Probably about 105 I think, all my A's have been low one and I got medium-ish B's for 2 of them.

Doubt I'll get it but you never know.
Reply 206
all sounds like you did pretty well :biggrin: I am hoping for 90-100 for this module, I need 120 out of unit 4 and 6, not to mention I did resits for module 2 and 3 :biggrin:

It is possible for me to get an A I guess depending on coursework and resits... but very difficult... I will just sit in hope for a B I think... if I get a C... well that sucks, but I tried, if I get an A... omg... PARTY TIME!!!!!! XD

Same with all my subjects really... I really am not to worried what I get as long as its 240 UCAS points to get me into Bristol business school.

sounds like you all got some good answers, hard paper and a lot of my friends were worried, but luckily I knew most of it. Maybe one question I confused a little, but I knew what I meant and I think the examinator will as well (I wrote recesion instead of down-swing - although I wrote the question as if I meant down-swing - so my tutor said at most I would lose 2-3 marks... maybe just 1 depending how I wrote it).

All the question were sort of cryptic to work out though... so it costed me time... which was really annoying
Reply 207
I tell you something I thought but couldn't apply anywhere, what do you guys think of this...

Why don't Vodafone just say like, fine ok... let either buy Nokia or just start buying their phones for resale. It said they had the most money out of the two and it also said that it was Nokia charging higher costs for phones than buying their own, but surely they could just think... ok we make less profit but we will sell more phones? It seemed kinda obvious to do that to me... oh well... to late now.
Reply 208
Aplin
I tell you something I thought but couldn't apply anywhere, what do you guys think of this...

Why don't Vodafone just say like, fine ok... let either buy Nokia or just start buying their phones for resale. It said they had the most money out of the two and it also said that it was Nokia charging higher costs for phones than buying their own, but surely they could just think... ok we make less profit but we will sell more phones? It seemed kinda obvious to do that to me... oh well... to late now.

I thought of that too but none of the questions really related to it, except perhaps the last by which time I had forgotten about it anyway.
Reply 209
Last one I guess... but problem is that wouldn't have contributed to success really... it may have been another strategy for success? or even objective... i.e. overtake largest competitor... considering the aim was become the biggest opperator, but I think maybe that is to adventurous... not to mention they may break the law by becoming a possible monopoly? (not to sure... I think its a good job I leftt it out lol)
Reply 210
it was the worst paper ever i felt like crying..and im still feeling a bit **** about it right now
Reply 211
Jump
:wink:

I got:

Unit 1: 74/90
Unit 2: 68/90
Unit 3: 87/120
Unit 4: 71/90
Unit 5: ~75/90
Unit 6: So I need about about 105/120 here... unlikely but not impossible after how it went today.

haha shhhhh lol

Latest

Trending

Trending