The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess it depends on his overall health and genetics too. My Mums Dad was 78 when he went ( Heart attack) and my Dads Dad was 79 ( Liver Cancer). Pretty morbid question to be asking though.
You trollin'??

About 76 I think.
Reply 3
He will probably die in a few days.
Are you familiar with a life table? Hang on ill try and find one.

EDIT: the average 73 year old male in the UK is likely to live another 11.14 years.

So till hes 84 :smile: bear in mind thats an average, and the statistics are from 2003/2004 so its probably gone up a bit, expect about 12 more years.
I fail to see the relevance of his current age. Why are you trying to predict his death anyway?
Have a look at what age his siblings (if he has any and not if they're still around obviously) died and what age his parents (particularly father) died. It gives a surprisingly accurate forecast a lot of the time. So if grandparents died in their 60s, I'd be ******** myself right now. :p:
Reply 8
What a morbid question. Simple answer- he could live to be 100+, or could go tomorrow. Simple as.

Do I smell inheritance, or just plain trolling?
Reply 9
Addzter
Have a look at what age his siblings (if he has any and not if they're still around obviously) died and what age his parents (particularly father) died. It gives a surprisingly accurate forecast a lot of the time. So if grandparents died in their 60s, I'd be ******** myself right now. :p:

Few hours.
Reply 10
I would predict; T minus 10, 9, 8...
JAgg
Few hours.

Huh?
Are you a favourite grandchild? Hope you're not thinking of hurrying it along to get hold of his riches...

:P
Reply 13
It depends on his health. My gran goes hiking in the mornings and she's 89.
i suspect he's probably already dead, just hasn't stopped moving yet
That sounds like a really depressing maths question... :holmes:
=/
Reply 17
I don't know.
He will die at the age of 80, if i'm right, 50/50 on inheritence?
Impossible to answer.. what is he like now? My Grandad is 81 and he still works from time to time (He is a welder) He flew aeroplanes until he was like 76, he said he could of continued but didn't see the point :P

Latest