The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
its defo 05!
i put 02 originally but changed it cause i phoned ucas to ask.
you've applied to all the same unis as me part from one!
when did you send your ucas off? im still waiting for an answer from all mine!
i think they do group interviews, ask why you want to do OT, what you know about it... stuff like that.
Good luck!
Reply 21
Thanku :smile:. Its a group one at Derby, I got a letter this morning.
I sent my UCAS off about three weeks ago but school only did my reference last Thursday so its all happening well quick!
Reply 22
I have an interview for OT at york st johns on the 6th january !
Reply 23
Application sent just waiting for responses now eek!
Reply 24
i have an interview at coventry aswell :smile:
im well nervous!
when is yours laurnyx??
I've just applied for this today! Reckon I'm still in with a chance of an interview? My first choice is Cardiff (loving an accent is a good reason to pick a uni..right?).
Reply 26
I got a conditional offer at derby :biggrin: well pleased because thats my first choice.
Shef hallam interview on 9th feb and cov on 10th :smile: x
Reply 27
I'm glad I found this thread - I was beginning to think I was the lone applicant for OT in 2010 in this forum!

I've applied for OT at Northumbria, Salford, Queen Margaret's Edinburgh, Cardiff and South Bank London.

I've got invited to interviews at N'umbria (17th Feb) and Salford (27th Jan). I'm hoping for an offer from N'umbria as it's my preferred option. Don't want to be forking out for flights for any more interviews!

I've no idea about the i'view formats - can anyone help?
Does anyone else keep changing their minds about favourite unis?
Reply 29
Yeaahh I do at first I really wanted to just go to Sheffield but now im really liking the look of Oxford Brookes and I dont know about Liverpool, got an offer but I have never been : /

York St John interview got changed today, I was so nervous about it :s-smilie: xxx
Reply 30
Hey guys :smile:
I'm so glad that I found this thread, it's nice to know there's other people applying for OT. I have offers from Liverpool and Oxford Brookes and interviews at Derby, Coventry and UEA - Anyone else applying to these? Also what are people wearing for interviews I don't wanna go too ott lol.
Reply 31
Did some guys get offers without interviews?

I wonder does it depend on individual university policy - of the 5 I've applied to I've got replies from 3 so far and they've all asked me to attend an interview :confused:
Reply 32
EllaLowri
Hey guys :smile:
I'm so glad that I found this thread, it's nice to know there's other people applying for OT. I have offers from Liverpool and Oxford Brookes and interviews at Derby, Coventry and UEA - Anyone else applying to these? Also what are people wearing for interviews I don't wanna go too ott lol.

I think I'll just play it safe and dress 'smart casual' - maybe a pir of black trousers and a blouse or plain jumper. I don't want to look too casual.
Reply 33
tashaa

Hi Tasha
Just read your post - good luck for the interview:smile:
I'm from Derry too and I've also applied for OT I've interviews in Salford and Northumbria so far.
Did you apply anywhere else - which is your first choice?
tashaa

Hope you got to your interview okay and it all went well!

I now have a new Signature, with my courses on it (I'm very excited about this). I applied to Cardiff, Liverpool, UEA, Plymouth and Coventry but I have no idea whether or not I meet the entry requirements because I don't understand the points system.

As for interviews I think it's always better to go too smart than too casual. Black trousers and a smart top will be fine. I'm gonna be cracking out my job interview trouser suit if I get any interviews (honestly, any excuse to play dress-up and I'm there).
Reply 35
Just found this thread :woo:

I have applied for OT at Glasgow Caledonian I have kids so can't apply anywhere else.

Now I have read this thread I realise I put the wrong funding option on my UCAS form :frown: oh well I hope it doesn't matter. I just put what I was told by the finance person at the Glasgow Cally open day but now realise she was talking in general and didn't mention NHS funded courses

Well done to everyone who has an interview so far.
I have an interview at BRADFORD UNIVERSITY on the 18th and at SALFORD UNIVERSITY on the 27th January. I am really really stressed and nervous, can anyone please please advise me on what to expect? it will really HELP!!
Reply 37
Hi Faiiza

I too have an interview at Salford on the 27th January! What time is yours? Mine is at 2.00pm but I wanted to change it to earlier as I'm flying home the same day. They weren't able to move the time.

I don't know what to expect either but it seems that it might be individual interviews..... the girl I spoke to mentioned that interviews are allocated in hourly slots. I wonder how many students they can take each year.

Have you applied anywhere else?
irishyas
I don't know what to expect either but it seems that it might be individual interviews..... the girl I spoke to mentioned that interviews are allocated in hourly slots.

If it's an hourly slot surely it has to be a group interview or include a tour or something? An hour-long individual interview is about 30 minutes too long for my liking.
Reply 39
KittyKat

I hope you're right ..... hopefully the interview won't last the full hour!!! But she did say that they couldn't move me forward as no one else has cancelled for the morning slots......that's what made me think everyone had their own time.

Ah well, I'll soon find out - no one else has posted about Salford yet except for the last poster and they seem to be as confused as me re the format etc :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest