The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
irishyas
Did some guys get offers without interviews?

I wonder does it depend on individual university policy - of the 5 I've applied to I've got replies from 3 so far and they've all asked me to attend an interview :confused:

I've recieved four out of five replies and all of them have asked for an interview. I think its because of the nature of the course, and they need to know that you are passionate about OT and stuff, also because its a professional course, not just some randomer who thinks it will be fun LOL. Have you been to any interviews yet?
I read something about the Cardiff interview, supposedly it's 40 minute group interview, a 20 minute individual interview and an essay.
Are they all like that?
Reply 42
laurnyx
I've recieved four out of five replies and all of them have asked for an interview. I think its because of the nature of the course, and they need to know that you are passionate about OT and stuff, also because its a professional course, not just some randomer who thinks it will be fun LOL. Have you been to any interviews yet?

My first interview is on 27th Jan at Salford. Next is Nortumbria on 17th Feb. I declined an i'view at London SB but I haven't heard anything from Cardiff or Queen Margaret Edinburgh yet. Where/when are your i'views?
Reply 43
i've applied for OT too at Liverpool and Salford but haven't heard anything yet!!! has anyone else got offers for Liverpool??x
Reply 44
Yeah Ive heard from Liverpool, got a conditional but I submitted my ucas pretty early. Ive heard from 4 out of 5 2 of them without interviews. Havent heard from Oxford Brookes Yet :frown: which is one of my favs xxx

btw well done to everyone who has interviews/offers im well excited to go too uni :smile:
Reply 45
Unconditional from Salford :smile: that's my only offer so far. I was too scared to look!
Reply 46
Arr well done noth of you!! i'm so nervous i really really want to go to liverpool i just hope i get in!
andi_star
Unconditional from Salford :smile: that's my only offer so far. I was too scared to look!

Congratulations! What was your interview like? Or did you not have one?

I'm checking Track more than once a day but when I get an e-mail from UCAS I know I'm not going to be able to check it.

Does anyone know if Liverpool interview?
Reply 48
andi_star

Hi Andi
Congrats on your offer!
I'm dying to know did you get your Salford offer after an interview? Mine isn't until the end of Jan. Did you apply really early?
Reply 49
I have interviews for both coventry and york st. johns.
But was wondering do Liverpool interview??
What are interviews like, if people have already had them?
Reply 50
irishyas
Hi Andi
Congrats on your offer!
I'm dying to know did you get your Salford offer after an interview? Mine isn't until the end of Jan. Did you apply really early?

I didn't have an interview. I've taken a gap year so they already know my grades so I'm guessing that's why I got an unconditional.

And I applied at the beginning of December :smile:
Reply 51
Congratulations! no Liverpool don't interview, it's my first choice so i'm really hoping to get in!!
Reply 52
Hey!

I'm in the irish leaving certificate system so this is all mind-boggling to me.
I applied to Cardiff, Robert Gordon, Southhampton, East Anglia and Liverpool... and it looks like a lot of other people had similar ideas!

I was invited to a selection visit for Robert Gordon today!

Kittykatkat - whaw entry to Cardifff sounds traumatic
Beoga

I was invited to a selection visit for Robert Gordon today!

Kittykatkat - whaw entry to Cardifff sounds traumatic

Congrats on the Robert Gordon thing, Edinburgh is lovely.

If you're Irish are you having to come all the way over here for interviews and stuff?

Cardiff does sound traumatic. It's my first choice though so I'm in the strange predicament of desperately hoping for the traumatic experience.
Reply 54
Just found this thread. :woo:

I've applied to Cardiff (1st choice), Liverpool, Cov, Bournemouth and Derby. Iv had Interviews from Cov, Bournemouth and Derby..however i dont think i'll go to Derby.

Anyone heard anything off Cardiff? On an open day they told us the interview process was an essay, group interview and indiviudal interview! brutal!
Welcome! What were your other interviews like? And whats Coventry like? I put it as a choice but I've never been there.
Reply 56
Haven't been to the interview's yet, their due for late Jan and through Feb. I went to Cov for an open day and enjoyed it, and although the student ambassador giving me a tour didn't know much, the atmosphere was really friendly and i liked the look of the equipment etc they have there. :smile:
Reply 57
people who have got offers from liverpool, when did you send your UCAS off??
Reply 58
yeah i want to know that, i sent mine off late nov, and not heard anything from liverpool yet.
I hate this waiting game! lol
Hi :smile:
Has anyone been offered an interview at York St John university for Occupational therapy?

x

Quick Reply

Latest