The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Got unconditional offer from Glasgow Caledonian today if anyone else was applying there. Still waiting for Liverpool. too.
andi_star
Got unconditional offer from Glasgow Caledonian today if anyone else was applying there. Still waiting for Liverpool. too.

Congratulations! What's your first choice?

How much work experience do people generally have?
Reply 62
I thought my work experience wasn't enough/relevant but I suppose ther's nothing i can do about it now - did 2 weeks at a primary school, a week in an care home, shadowed an OT for a day and have helped a friend with ME over the past 2 years. Mind you, I was looking at other threads and people had lots more experience than that!

How much work experience have others had?
Reply 63
i know i have only had the email to say that liverpool have got my application! nothing else!!
i've had 2 days shawoding both mental health and physical OTs, i help out at my local primary school once a week and i also help out at an after school club with children with autism once i week - i just hope thats enough!!

How long ago did everyone whos had offers send their UCAS off??
Reply 64
Sent my UCAS off on 30th Nov, had liverpool email saying theyv had my application n the 2nd of Dec - so still waiting on their decision! Plus iv had 3 other interviews. I really want to hear from Cardiff though (my first choice!) I hate waiting! lol
Reply 65
ohh i was worrying but i only sent mine off on the 17th Dec, they said they can give offers up to the end of March but i just really want to hear something soon! Only heard from York St John to say they've got my application but i haven't heard from any of the others to even say they've got my application yet!
Reply 66
I think after the closing date we'll hear from them soon! hopefully! Natbrown, is Liverpool your first choice?
I didn't send mine until the start of January so I'm not expecting any offers or interviews or anything for a while but I've had two e-mails to say they've got my application (Liverpool which I got yesterday and UEA which I got even before I got my UCAS welcome letter so it's probably just an automated thing).
I want to hear from Cardiff too but realistically I know it's hard to get into and I won't be able to go there unless the NHS funds my course.
Reply 68
Kittykatkat
Congratulations! What's your first choice?

How much work experience do people generally have?

First choice is Liverpool but if I keep getting unconditional offers from everywhere I might change my mind!

Experience wise I haven't been able to get any expeience because my local hospital doesn't have placement oportunities due to patient confidentiality but going to an OT open day there in a couple of months. I've just been working in the hospital as a Ward Clerk for the past 6 months.
Reply 69
Yeah Cardiff seems really hard to get into! but i reaallly wanna go there lol!

I didn't know you could get unconditional offers from uni's for the OT course, not complaining though!

Has anyone been to any interviews yet? I've had offers but not been yet and I'm brickin it!
Mine will all either be unconditional or rejection because I'm not at school so they can't put any conditions on it (except interviews).

Experience wise I spent a week in an mental health OT ward (a long time ago), a year and a bit volunteering at a riding for the disabled centre, 2 summers at a special needs summer camp (will be 3 by September) and I work as a care worker for people with autism at the minute.

How have everyones interviews been? Were they group or individual? Formal or relaxed? Was there any extra bits like essays or exams (like they have at Cardiff)? Any hard questions?
Reply 71
andi_star

Congrats on your offer :smile: I am still waiting to hear from Glasgow Cale. I only applied on 27th December though so I need to be patient! Did you attend an interview?

Thanks.
Reply 72
No I didn't which I was surprised about because they said they wanted work experience in a care environment something I have't had. :s-smilie:
Reply 73
Just got an offer from Salford which is my second choice so quite pleased! Yeaah e.nia Liverpool is my first choice! Where have you applied to/what's your first choice?
Reply 74
natbrown
Just got an offer from Salford which is my second choice so quite pleased! Yeaah e.nia Liverpool is my first choice! Where have you applied to/what's your first choice?

Well done!

But did you get interviewed for Salford?

I have to go there for an interview in a couple of weeks and it's nerve-wracking not to mention expensive as I have to fly from ireland and miss 2 school days. Then I have to do the same thing again next month for Northumbria! I haven't heard anything yet from Cardiff and Edinburgh QM. Ah well, no pain no gain...
hello :smile:
i have applied for york st john tooo!!! and for OT :smile:

when is your interview?
xx
helloo :P

i've applied for occupational therapy at northumbria, york st john, glasgow, edinbrough and huddersfield and ive got 2 interviews so far with huddersfield and york st john.

i have no idea what they are going to ask though :|

:smile:
Reply 77
No i didn't get interviewed for Salford, good luck with your interviews irishyas! i'm sure you'll be fine, let us know how you get on! Where else have you applied to?
Reply 78
natbrown, I applied to Cardiff (1st choice), Liverpool, Cov, Bournemouth and Derby - iv had interview offers for the last three but I'm not going to go to Derby. What about you?
Reply 79
Arr well done! i've applied to Salford, Liverpool, Derby, Sheffield hallam and Bradford but i'm not going to go to the last three either! i only really want to go to Liverpool so i just really want to hear from them!!

Quick Reply

Latest