The Student Room Group

Kisses in texts - Mean anything?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
**CutiePie**

Kisses on the end of texts, mean nothing. I put 1 x on the end of every text, to my male, female friends..

Even if they are ugly?
I actually hardly ever put kisses on the end and I barely notice with others... :s-smilie:
Reply 62
i usually put one 'x' to male friends, two to female friends and at least five to my boyfriend :smile:
Reply 63
Girl's often over analyse everything so I wouldn't be suprised xD Gotta admit i can do it often myself. I have a friend who has it bad though and will get all paranoid that someone now hates her if they did 10 xs today but they did 12 yday :')

For me i tend to put 2 xs on the end of texts for everyone but if it's someone special they might get a couple more ^__^
Reply 64
play about with how many you put, see if she matches the same amount :wink:
Reply 65
I only really tend to put just the one x or a couple of x's at the end of a text to a few close friends, or I'll put the same amount as another person to reciprocate politely, I'll send more to my boyfriend though, but when it comes to friends both me and my boyfriend do the same, if one of our friends puts four x's at the end of a message we'd both do the same and not have a problem with one another doing that, they don't really mean much these days anyway, if a person wanted them to mean something there are better ways then just putting x's :smile:
ms500
Even if they are ugly?

haha yes. I guess it makes the ugly ones day!
Nothing means anything.

Although I would find it odd if a member of the opposite sex who you did not know particularly well put love from and kisses at the end of any piece of text be it in written or electronic form. I'm not saying it would mean anything, just that it would be odd. A girl I barely knew did something like that once and I must admit . . . I wondered. I didn't do anything more than wonder, but it just didn't seem to fit.

So stop doing it, lasses :wink:.
Generally doesn't mean much to me; i put x's in all my texts, unless i'm sending formal ones to like, my teacher or something
When i started college last year, it was a slight shock to the system, when i started having guy friends (came from an all girls' school), and some of them didn't put x's at all, when i knew people whose x's are on the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx side, and i was used to loads of x's haha
Reply 69
Nobody gets them from me in texts, but girls I like get three when I tell them bye on MSN.
Reply 70
**CutiePie**
haha yes. I guess it makes the ugly ones day!

Don't be too sure about that
i very very rarely put xxs at the end of my texts. I think i've done it once in about the last year and that was only a couple on the end of a text to a girl friend.
Reply 72
Considering my best girl friend puts "lyl xxxx" at the end when texting me, if I took that literally then well yeah, so no it dosn't mean anything.
Reply 73
no definitive rule that all girls keep for this lol?
I talk to this guy and I'm shy so he kinda kept putting kisses and I did too and it's now at 7 kisses, do you think he likes me?
I have a girlfriend who sent a friend 10 kisses who is a guy.. Should I be worried?
hahahah no I put Xs all the time doesn't mean I like the person hahah xxxxxxxx :wink:
Reply 77
I hate trying to translate however many x's someone writes means.

Although that was of talking kind of stopped after I turned 14.
Reply 78
Nope, they mean nothing. Only children under the age of 14 think xxxx means someone fancies you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never put them unless I'm trying to be funny or sarcastic lol. That goes for friends, boyfriend and family...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending