The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Changing course

Evening all,

I'm a first year doing Social and Cultural Studies and I absolutely hate it. Since my first lecture I knew it wasn't for me and I voiced my concerns to my tutor back then who told me to give it until at least November to see how it goes.It is now November and I feel exactly the same :frown:

I'm really scared that it's far too late to change and I'll have to drop out and reapply (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing). I love Nottingham and I love my halls it's just the most important thing that I can't bare: the course!

Does anybody know the process of changing course or has anybody been through it or know of anyone that has?

Any advice is highly appreciated :smile:

Thanks
Reply 1
I changed course at the end of the first year. Getting permission was fairly easy - all you have to do is convince the course convenor of the new course that he/she should let you change, and that's about it. It's a bit of a nightmare getting all the paperwork sorted out, and I found that I didn't seem to officially exist for the first few weeks, but it all works out well.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
gooner1991
Evening all,

I'm a first year doing Social and Cultural Studies and I absolutely hate it. Since my first lecture I knew it wasn't for me and I voiced my concerns to my tutor back then who told me to give it until at least November to see how it goes.It is now November and I feel exactly the same :frown:

I'm really scared that it's far too late to change and I'll have to drop out and reapply (which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing). I love Nottingham and I love my halls it's just the most important thing that I can't bare: the course!

Does anybody know the process of changing course or has anybody been through it or know of anyone that has?

Any advice is highly appreciated :smile:

Thanks

Yeah, I also changed course after the end of first year. I actually asked to change after the end of the first semester, but I completed the whole year in German and History anyway because it was alright and looks better than dropping out on your CV!

It probably is a bit too late by now to switch over this year. Don't know why your tutor told you to wait until November... they should have told you to wait until the deadline for module selection (October 15th) because it would have been much simpler to change course before that date. But I may be wrong... best to meet your tutor asap (i.e. this week!) and explain that you want to change courses.

Latest

Trending

Trending