The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Scroll to see replies

I got an unconditional and took it. I'm not really looking for a uni with a social life. I went to Reading last year and went out maybe 10 times over the space of 6 months. I already live in London and know what I like to do and where I like to go in terms of clubbing and stuff but generally speaking thats not really something I consider too much.
Internationals don't bother me either, in halls at Reading there was a lack of interacting between the internationals and the homes. I personally really enjoyed talking to the internationals and made a lot of great friends from all over the world.
To make the most of a degree you really need to know what you want to get out of it and go to the institution that will help you get there. I've been to a strongly academic uni with a vibrant social life and I didn't like it. More than anything I just missed London.
Sure I was a little bit phased by all these negative reviews of LM but at the end of the day, I'm not worried. I'm actually really looking forward to it :smile:
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 21
letmeracerockets
I got an unconditional and took it. I'm not really looking for a uni with a social life. I went to Reading last year and went out maybe 10 times over the space of 6 months. I already live in London and know what I like to do and where I like to go in terms of clubbing and stuff but generally speaking thats not really something I consider too much.
Internationals don't bother me either, in halls at Reading there was a lack of interacting between the internationals and the homes. I personally really enjoyed talking to the internationals and made a lot of great friends from all over the world.
To make the most of a degree you really need to know what you want to get out of it and go to the institution that will help you get there. I've been to a strongly academic uni with a vibrant social life and I didn't like it. More than anything I just missed London.
Sure I was a little bit phased by all these negative reviews of LM but at the end of the day, I'm not worried. I'm actually really looking forward to it :smile:

That's fair enough, it's your decision. Wasn't trying to worry people or put them off, just give my experience. Of the close group of my friends on the course there, of which there were about 10 of us, none of us stayed. But I know others that have. It's about finding the uni that suits you.