The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol read this in the Metro yesterday.
Reply 2
Love the way the police finally pulled up and they were in the back of the van straight away!
Nice.
I wonder how they feel about the incident now.

Quite embarresed I would hope
I would not have had so much patience.
Reply 5
Lol!!
Also, that chavvy must have had a jaw made of glass.
Reply 7
Well they're all as bad as eah other
rogerbarton

Are you trying to say that the reporter was at fault too? I don't think so!
Reply 9
How did he keep his cool so long.

I would have lashed out so much earlier and been in jail for GBH.
Reply 10
rogerbarton

How so? The reporter doesn't even react when they're punching him in the face behind the van (source) or when they're threatening him with a bit of wood. I guess everyone's patience has a limit...
Violence never solves anything

The reporter should have mad a citizen's arrest
Reply 12
rogerbarton

OH yes, that supreme power which allows you to arrest another citizen...without allowing you to touch them for fear of assault as you are not an official police officer!

Lol at the person who negged me for this, I was told this by a police officer when I did my DofE service with the police fore 12 months!
Bobo1234
OH yes, that supreme power which allows you to arrest another citizen...without allowing you to touch them for fear of assault as you are not an official police officer!

So how come he got away with thuggishly flooring them???

Of course you can use necessary levels of "violence" when making a citizen's arrest

Mr Patel, normally an impressive reporter, ought to be hanging his head in shame
rogerbarton

Just remind me again, which planet do you come from?
Good bloke
Just remind me again, which planet do you come from?

Have a guess
rogerbarton
Have a guess

I wouldn't like to; I am not aware of a place where arresting two violent and drunken yobs on your own is as easy as you imply. Perhaps it is the same place that people apportion equal blame to the reporter for the incident - a place where the inhabitants are incapable of viewing the evidence and coming to a sensible conclusion.
Good bloke
a place where the inhabitants are incapable of viewing the evidence and coming to a sensible conclusion.

In YOUR opinion. I take your views on board and i can understand them, but i just feel differently. Perhaps you could take a leaf out of my book and accept my opinion, just try and argue sensibly against it without going stark raving crazy.
Reply 18
rogerbarton

Of course violence never solves anything, I mean we should have let Hitler win WWII.

Hazarding a guess, you're doing a degree in David Beckham Studies from a mail order university.
He didn't kick the guy in the head, he kicked him in either the nuts or leg and then dropped him with a right hand. The good karate guys never seem to kick people in the head, which is something that happens in movies and combat sports, not the streets. Same deal with the guy who defended himself at his house a while back. Nothing flashy just a really fast and really accurate punch in the face. Good times.

These incidents/videos seem to be in vogue at the moment, has anyone else noticed that? Obviously the poster who thinks violence never solved anything hasn't because he doesn't have the capacity to think, but has anyone else noticed?

Latest

Trending

Trending