The Student Room Group

The Modern Warfare 2 Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
moneyballs2
Activision are being greedy bastards.

The thing is, they'll get away with this, and all the other new games will start to do the same thing until it's the 'norm' to charge an RRP of £55. Whereas, in the USA they pay $59.99. Which translates to about £36, at the current exchange rate (which is pretty **** for the pound)...

They're being really turdy.
Reply 61
I want me one of these badboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0
moneyballs2

Good work, son. You just saved me £10. I'll preorder the feces out of this mother promiscuous!
GoblinSoul
Why are you not in the Kitchen?
Shoo. The men have something important to discuss.

That's not the way to get delicious baked goods, sir :smile:

jayman
i honestly believe they are :p: i have nuff respect for gamers!

It depends on whether or not they consider their XBox to be their girlfriend though... :wink:
Reply 64
charlotterg5
That's not the way to get delicious baked goods, sir :smile:

It depends on whether or not they consider their XBox to be their girlfriend though... :wink:

i think they are mega cool if they consider their xbox to be their girlfriend, and they also have a girlfriend in real life and a social life. i have a friend like that lol
Am i naive in believing that i can get the game on day one when it comes out?
yoyo462001
Am i naive in believing that i can get the game on day one when it comes out?

Not at all, but will you be able to get it cheaper than £35.97?

This is one of those Win-Win situations.

If you can get it cheaper from a supermarket on the day of release, you simply pop into a Tesco store and take back your game and get your £35.97 back.
Reply 67
charlotterg5

I actually got an extension for that, now its both.

...the usb port was too small :frown:
To shave a further 3% off the price, I'd suggest using Quidco in conjunction with the Tesco offer. It's not much, but "every little helps"! :wink:
In regards to the prestige edition, the goggles will be rubbish. I guarantee it.
I have a preorder on ShopTo.net. Might change it closer to the time.
Illusionary
To shave a further 3% off the price, I'd suggest using Quidco in conjunction with the Tesco offer. It's not much, but "every little helps"! :wink:

I just came back to this thread to tell people about this as I forgot before, you beat me to it. :smile:

Quidco is not guaranteed cashback. My Tesco Direct orders (two of them) haven't tracked properly with them yet. But, it's worth the try, as you can only gain!

You can also use Quidco for coolshop.co.uk >> http://www.quidco.com/coolshop/
Subscribes.
I'll be purchasing mine for £44.99 which I have already pre-ordered.

Not a bad deal as I will certainly be getting my moneys worth.
TommyWannabe
In regards to the prestige edition, the goggles will be rubbish. I guarantee it.

This.
Will the normal edition from tesco direct most likely arrive on release day or not? I hate pre-ordering games which don't come on release day, though last time I pre-oredered GTA IV from tesco and it did come on release day. Anyone had any other experience of this?

Thanks
I'd be interested in that too ^ Tesco's preorder deals seem to make every new game around £5 cheaper than everywhere else, the sceptic in me feels there must be a downside somewhere.
rich2606
I'd be interested in that too ^ Tesco's preorder deals seem to make every new game around £5 cheaper than everywhere else, the sceptic in me feels there must be a downside somewhere.

I know! Do you, or anyone else in this thread know what is the difference between Tesco ( Entertainment) and Tesco Direct. They have two different webites and the normal tesco one has mw2 advertised at 45 quid, but clearly states it will arrive on release day, whilst tesco direct is 10 quid cheaper. What's the deal with this then?
Gangsta Boogie
I know! Do you, or anyone else in this thread know what is the difference between Tesco ( Entertainment) and Tesco Direct. They have two different webites and the normal tesco one has mw2 advertised at 45 quid, but clearly states it will arrive on release day, whilst tesco direct is 10 quid cheaper. What's the deal with this then?

Does anyone know?
Is there anyway to buy the Tesco one without the need for a clubcard?

Quick Reply