The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Louise_1988
Whatever ofted say is pretty irrelevant as they only inspect the academic/extra-curricula side of boarding schools. There is a whole different organisation CSCI 9commision for social care inspection) who deal with pastoral issues, and reading their report of my school (an old public boarding school-one you mention infact!) there was no mention of alcohol/drugs problems, low moral, unhappy atmospheres. Infact, i would say 95% of my year absolutely love boarding and find it a real laugh.

fair enough - the point of the assessment that I read which dealt with the pastoral side was interesting to read especially as it mentioned most of the big, well known private schools!

Ive just left my school which is both day and boarding and I think most people are generally happy.
vickytoria77
this is the problem when discussing the private/state debate.

This whole idea about being made to work; no sense of the real world; daddy pays for everything is utter RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!! And as for the drugs/drinking problems, the private schools near me have all got serious drinking/taking drugs problems. Im not making this up as I have friends at many of these schools. I wonder how many of you saw the report that some of the top private schools (Eton, Rugby, Harrow, even Cheltenham Ladies) were reported to have very unhappy atmospheres, lack of support, lack or morals etc.

I would go on but I feel I may say something I shouldn't.

where did you find that report??
I didn't see the actual report - it was an article in the Daily Telegraph a couple of weekends ago - the main paper not any of the supplements
zaf1986
There are couple of other grammars who are private as well, such as Latymer.

Latymer (in Enfield) isn't private.

Latest

Trending

Trending