Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official Haye vs Valuev Fight Thread!!!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just Got Back From Pub. Hayee Youu Beautyy Justt Wonn Mee £200 Hahahahahaha
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haye isn't as good as he thinks he is. klichko's > haye
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellofeeva)
    Agreed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Just Got Back From Pub. Hayee Youu Beautyy Justt Wonn Mee £200 Hahahahahaha
    nice, what did you bet to get that much in return? what were the odds?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellofeeva)
    Nahhh V K > DH > WK.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bds007)
    nice, what did you bet to get that much in return? what were the odds?
    Bet my mate £100 that Haye would win.

And that £100 Haye would harm him in some way.

Until 12th round I thought I had lost both, but then Haye rocked him I was like atleast im going to break even :yep:. Thought Haye had lost tbh but he put on an awesome tactical display, fair play considering he won that fight one handed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rubbish 'fight' I was sure Valuev had that won, no way was it 116-112. Haye should count himself lucky. I guess the judges didn't make much of Valuev's punches and gave the edge to Haye because when he did try to fight he landed one or two. I was stunned by Haye's tactics, what he did in round 12 he should have done in round 9, he could afford to commit more and leave himself open because it's not like Valuev packs a huge punch. But considering the result I guess you could say he got it spot on

Delighted for him but it wasn't a great performance, heavyweight boxing isnt what it used to be
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Rubbish 'fight' I was sure Valuev had that won, no way was it 116-112. Haye should count himself lucky. I guess the judges didn't make much of Valuev's punches and gave the edge to Haye because when he did try to fight he landed one or two. I was stunned by Haye's tactics, what he did in round 12 he should have done in round 9, he could afford to commit more and leave himself open because it's not like Valuev packs a huge punch. But considering the result I guess you could say he got it spot on

Delighted for him but it wasn't a great performance, heavyweight boxing isnt what it used to be
    He had a broken hand, how the **** was he going to be able to stand and trade with the guy when he couldnt put any power behind his right hand?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    He had a broken hand, how the **** was he going to be able to stand and trade with the guy when he couldnt put any power behind his right hand?
    I respect he hurt it, but that was in the 3rd round, he showed no invention out of the blocks and was happy to dance around and take the points victory. The way his corner were talking the fight went to plan, there wasn't any of this looking for a KO talk. I don't think the hand really affected his tactics or the way the fight panned out
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I respect he hurt it, but that was in the 3rd round, he showed no invention out of the blocks and was happy to dance around and take the points victory. The way his corner were talking the fight went to plan, there wasn't any of this looking for a KO talk. I don't think the hand really affected his tactics or the way the fight panned out
    First few rounds he had Valuev going round in circles, punching the air and when Haye did throw punches, he connected. I'm sure if he had his right hand in play in the later rounds he would have gone for some harder shots. Considering his left hook nearly floored Valuev then his right would have had him over.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookingtoteach)
    my predictions,

haye will start very sharply,
    he will maintain a descent points advantage
    eventually he will burn himself out
    it will start to become a borefest
    valuev will start to pick a point here and there
    it will go to the judges.
    LOL at my predictions, not bad eh. Pretty much spot on me thinks. :yes: lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookingtoteach)
    LOL at my predictions, not bad eh. Pretty much spot on me thinks. :yes: lol
    Apart from Haye didnt tire.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 11, 2009
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.