The Student Room Group

Common sense evades this country

I really never have encountered such a lack of common sense in my life. Today I went to the library as I had to get a couple of core textbooks. A few days ago, I took back some books back late, and my borrowing rights have been suspended for a week (don't get me started). :rolleyes:

I went to go and photocopy some parts of the books until my card was reactivated, but I couldn't find a working photocopier (what a ******* liberty). I then went to ask at the desk to the ask the librarian (an Indian woman) if I could take out the books for a couple of hours so I could find a photocopier on campus. She looked at me like she couldn't understand what I was saying, and then swiftly said 'No'.

What a pile of absolute crap. So now I have to wait until Monday when my card is reactivated, all because that typical woman didn't have a scrap of common sense in allowing me to find another photocopier.

Has anything so retarded ever happened to you in this shambles of a country?
Bloody asylum seekers.... :rolleyes:
Reply 2
There is a worrying and dangerous lack of common sense in this country. However, ignore the fact that she was Indian as she was clearly an idiot. There's no need to be racist.
The fact that she was Indian had nothing to do with it, in fact I would say that the Indians I know in business have the most common sense - it's generally why Indian businesses are so successful.

Regardless of ethnicity or race, there are a hell of a lot of people in this country with little to common sense, or a sense of irony.
Reply 4
Common sense died when litigation and health and safety were born.
Reply 5
Meh, I'm with the librarian on this one. You weren't allowed to take books out of the library for ANY reason.
tomwestbrook
I really never have encountered such a lack of common sense in my life. Today I went to the library as I had to get a couple of core textbooks. A few days ago, I took back some books back late, and my borrowing rights have been suspended for a week (don't get me started). :rolleyes:

I went to go and photocopy some parts of the books until my card was reactivated, but I couldn't find a working photocopier (what a ******* liberty). I then went to ask at the desk to the ask the librarian (an Indian woman) if I could take out the books for a couple of hours so I could find a photocopier on campus. She looked at me like she couldn't understand what I was saying, and then swiftly said 'No'.

What a pile of absolute crap. So now I have to wait until Monday when my card is reactivated, all because that typical woman didn't have a scrap of common sense in allowing me to find another photocopier.

Here's some common sense for you: Take your books back on time, dumbass.
Reply 7
Never seen anyone with this avatar:
produce anything that wasn't basic troll material
tomwestbrook

A librarian refusing to let someone take books out of the library without borrowing them...what is the world coming to...:rolleyes:
Reply 9
Is this a college/uni library? If so, that's a really stupid punishment that you can't borrow a book for a week if you return one late. Couldn't they implement a fine or something? You're a student, you need access to books!
I'd complain to whoever is in charge of the library. But then I do enjoy complaining :biggrin:
Err, if they're core textbooks for your course, why not just buy them?

The point is that you're going to need them for most of your course - that's why they've been designated core by the module conveners. You will save yourself a lot of hassle by just buying them.
Reply 11
Aphotic Cosmos
Err, if they're core textbooks for your course, why not just buy them?

The point is that you're going to need them for most of your course - that's why they've been designated core by the module conveners. You will save yourself a lot of hassle by just buying them.

Depends on the course. In 4 years of uni I bought 2 books, which I barely used, even though there were several "essential" textbooks for each module I did. I never borrowed any from the library.

Latest

Trending

Trending