The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BJack
Am I meant to respond to this? :confused:

It would appear that you have.

Now I've got your attention, I haven't done SATs.

Any idea of where I can find a SAT maths paper so I can see what it's like? Cheers.
Reply 21
AnthonyH91
Any idea of where I can find a SAT maths paper so I can see what it's like? Cheers.

You could just have asked that in the first place. And honestly, can't you find them yourself?
BJack
You could just have asked that in the first place. And honestly, can't you find them yourself?

Which one? Di<k Face.
Reply 23
BJack

I dont know how I am directing this to, but If you want to prepare well for the SATs, I suggest getting a copy of the official book from the collegeboard if you can. It is the most accurate prep-book to use.
Reply 24
I agree with nk9230, however I found the ACT much easier to prep for and I saw a direct correlation with my scores and study time. Studying didn't seem to help me too much for the SAT.
Reply 25
carolina92
I agree with nk9230, however I found the ACT much easier to prep for and I saw a direct correlation with my scores and study time. Studying didn't seem to help me too much for the SAT.

Same boat with me. I studied for months for the my SAT retakes, and I only increased 30 pts.
Reply 26
nk9230
Same boat with me. I studied for months for the my SAT retakes, and I only increased 30 pts.

What is your total
Reply 27
kingxlr8
What is your total

Reply 28
kingxlr8
Hey guys I plan to apply to MIT this fall: here are my stats

SAT 1 : 1990
SAT 2 : Maths :740
Physics: 680
Chemistry : 690

IB Diploma with 43 predicted
Also a 7th subject on self study basis
Good extra curriculars

How much chance do I have

Your SATs arent the strongest but that shouldnt stop you. Sure the average scores are more but that what an average is-some people get more and some get less. What have you got to lose?
By extra curriculars what do you mean? Activitys are worth certain points, which add up. They love community projects and organising charity fundrasiers.
And the thing about MIT is that you need to be smart and lucky to get in. Its the most selective(not acceptance rate) college out there along with Caltech. I have more friends successfully get into Harvard than MIT.
I didn't get into MIT. (Applied for Fall 2007)

I got a
SAT 1: 690R/800M/770W (total 2260)
SAT 2: Math level 2: 800
Physics: 740
USA History: 740.

With that said, I didn't have much nice "xtra curricular" activities, just a bit of cross-country running and science bowl, etc. It also didn't help that I am of Chinese ethnicity. I live in Florida, btw.
Reply 30
rocksandfossils
I didn't get into MIT. (Applied for Fall 2007)

I got a
SAT 1: 690R/800M/770W (total 2260)
SAT 2: Math level 2: 800
Physics: 740
USA History: 740.

With that said, I didn't have much nice "xtra curricular" activities, just a bit of cross-country running and science bowl, etc. It also didn't help that I am of Chinese ethnicity. I live in Florida, btw.

Hi, if you dont mind me asking, where are you now?
jchan
Hi, if you dont mind me asking, where are you now?

Hi,
I'm at my local state school (university of florida)
I'm hardly on this forum which is why you have a late reply, sorry!

Latest

Trending

Trending