The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

skam
the question here is if you really care about him..coz its quite obvious he really loves you. personally i would have loved it if my guy was protective. he was worried so i think you need to give him another shot. just talk to him sbout these issues

You would love your boyfriend being so 'protective' that he became verbally abusive (on more than one occasion going by the tenor of the OP) and physically aggressive? You would accept him dictating when you came home? You would have no issue with him becoming so irate that he ordered a course of action that would put you in danger?

I feel sorry for you! (for real!)
Slap the **** and dump his crazy arse.
Reply 42
wow your boyfrind sounds like a great guy you must be really happy together.
Reply 43
tinktinktinkerbell
you need to chill dude and stop feeling sorry for yourself

OT: if you want to be a mug then by all means stay with him and give him yet another chance, on the flip side you could get a grip, get some self respect and find a man who wouldnt treat you like the mug you are

I don't feel sorry for myself :smile:.

I just hate pussies.
Sounds like he has some serious control issues, he wanted you to walk home alone even though it is dangerous just so you don't talk to other boys. I'm guessing you are away at university and he stayed at home? you should be allowed to come and go as you please and have as many friends as you want. Personally I think you deserve better and should dump him.
Take your own advice advice, dump him and never ever go back or give him another chance.

He sounds like a potential wife-beater and I wouldn't want you to take that chance. He may be sorry now, but he should've known not to do it in the first place.

You could find someone better, I know it! :console:
Rucklo
I don't feel sorry for myself :smile:.

I just hate pussies.

you clearly are feeling sorry for yourself
Reply 47
tinktinktinkerbell
you clearly are feeling sorry for yourself

You clearly know nothing about me lmao.
Reply 48
If you have any sort of self-respect you'll leave him. It'll only get worse.
Rucklo
You clearly know nothing about me lmao.

and you know nothing about the OP but it doesnt stop you judging her and being nasty

youve got cancer, so what, so (as you say) have others but they get on with it, not come onto a forum and bitch at someone
Reply 50
I stopped reading when I saw that you couldn't spell 'dangerous'.
Reply 51
I hate guys that seem to want to control everything -.-
i walked past sainsbury's, saw a guy shout at his gf 'STAY HERE! DONT RUN OFF LIKE LAST TIME!' and he looked a bit drunk, and the girl was just rolling her eyes... i fel sorry for the girl.

but back to the thread... dump him, but don't go out with anyone really soon. just so that he don't say how u cheated on him and crap like that.
Trigger
Slightly off topic but is it just me who finds it more and more worrying that girls are allowing men to treat them this way and then having to ask others if they are the ones in the wrong. Where are their mothers to teach them to stand up for yourself and not allow these ass holes to ruin their lives?

I agree with this.

Actually sometimes I wish I looked after myself more, rather than worrying about who I'm upsetting.

OP, you should do what is going to make you happy. I don't think I could ever enjoy another minute of a relationship with someone who has proved to be a complete waste of time (sorry it's harsh but you could have enjoyed yourself rather than being shouted at). But hey, that's me! We are all different. I just hope his aggressive behaviour doesn't escalate if you do give him another chance.
Reply 53
Get out, now. He sounds (and was nearly) abusive, physically, and certainly sounds verbally and mentally abusive. Sounds like he has some serious jealousy and trust issues that you should not have to deal with.
Rucklo
Some of us having ******* cancer, and your winging your boyfriend, who you can choose is an arse, dump the cock if he is like that, get a ******* grip you bitch.

What the hell gives you the right to call the OP a bitch?

Other people's suffering doesn't make emotionally stressful situations any easier to deal with :s-smilie:

There's nothing wrong with being confused and there's nothing wrong with feeling like you should give people a second chance. What is your problem tonight?
Reply 55
shorty.loves.angels
What the hell gives you the right to call the OP a bitch?

Other people's suffering doesn't make emotionally stressful situations any easier to deal with :s-smilie:

There's nothing wrong with being confused and there's nothing wrong with feeling like you should give people a second chance. What is your problem tonight?

This "ruined my life"

Absolute ******** if thats what she thinks your life being ruined is.
Reply 56
He sounds like an absolute **** you'd be better off without.
Rucklo
This "ruined my life"

Absolute ******** if thats what she thinks your life being ruined is.

She exaggerated. What's the big deal? It probably provoked more people to read...
Reply 58
shorty.loves.angels
She exaggerated. What's the big deal? It probably provoked more people to read...

I exaggerated my reply, whats the big deal?

EDIT: Whatever you win, i'm not in the mood to argue.
Reply 59
can.you.make.music?
My boyfriend of a year has just made my night crap
So i went to a Bonfire/fun fair at about 8pm, he called me at 8.45pm, asking questions, what you doing, who you with etc (normal for him), i told him, and said we are going home now. We called a taxi, but long story short, the taxi ended up not coming for an hour and a half. He was on the phone with me all the time, telling me i was lying, callng the taxi firm himself, shouting at me, and telling me to stay where i was for the next 2 hours until he got there. It was so embarrassing as i was crying in front of friends i've only known for 5 weeks, and he was shouting on the phone, telling me go home, walk i don't care what happens just get home NOW.(it take like, an hour to get back and is dangourous).

Anyway, he came to see me (he lives far away takes like 2.5 hours), he says i shouldn't have gone as its dark outside now, and its all my fault,telling me ''your talking to some man'' (i wasn't)

My question is, how bad is this? Am i over-reacting in thinking this is a dump-able offense? I mean he shouted called me names, just becuase the taxi was very late, and i can't tell you how embarrassing that was. He shouts alot but is trying to get his behavuoir under control.

I need some advice, i know he tries hard not to shout at me for what i think are stupid things. He kept asking me, ''what are your friends saying now? Who are they talking too?''. When he arrived he went crazy and grabbed my head/hair close to his and shouted at me and i couldn't move, and wouldn't let me go, but then went fine and admitted to everything he's done, and said he's ruined everything and i could leave him. He looked like he was going to die he was so sorry.

But i know thats not the point. I did 'kinda' leave him, but i dont know wheter to give him one more chance, and if he ever puts a finger on me again, i swear, never again.
I mean give him a chance for like, a week and if it goes back to that i swear i will leave for good, should i do this? Or just cut my losses and try to mend my poor broken heart, it really hurts :confused:

A guy like that dont deserve you. Are you honestly kidding yourself??? You honestly deserve better than this and there are better guys out there other than him and i GUARANTEE that!

So what if you've been with him for a year..it isn't a record to see if you can last it for 5 years. Its either 5 years of misery or 5 years knowing you found a better guy than him.

Wonder what else he will embarrass you next. Its only matter of time...

Get rid of that garbage, Your better off without him. World isn't a fairy tale and as for ruined your life, it may feel like it but rest assure its not end of the world.