The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
alithegreat
After reading Quran, they found that Islam suited them more than their religion.

As it says in Quran "If you kill an innocent, you have killed the whole humanity"

That's why I converted. :rolleyes: That quote doesn't make any sence at all it's like saying you ate one pudding therefore you ate the whole of the desert industry.
Quite simply really, because different profits went to different areas.

Now answer me this how do you explain that bananas are perfectly shaped for hands?
nolongerhearthemusic
That is one of the main reasons I will never understand religious belief. I would understand it much better if there was one world religion, or if no one knew about other religions. But I don't get how you could possibly think that your particular myth was definitely true while knowing that other people believe just as strongly in their completely different myth, and the reason for your different beliefs is pure accident. And why wouldn't God want to correct the countries with the wrong beliefs?

If you beleive just a little bit in God, than there are books like Bible, Quran etc for you to read. No one is stopping you from reading them. God is not going to force you to choose one path or the other. Its up to you and thats what the life is all about. Its a test, and these books are your guidance

And if you completely dont believe in God, then think logically, all this universe cant come into existence on its own, someone has to be responsible for this. Ask these questions from urself and may God(Allah) provide you with guidance
WindsorHL3
That's why I converted. :rolleyes: That quote doesn't make any sence at all it's like saying you ate one pudding therefore you ate the whole of the desert industry.

Thats the full quote from Quran
*{… if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people. And if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.}*

Its just a quote, you need to read the full context to understand whats going on
ToastyCoke
Religion. LOL.

this is the smartest reply on this thread so far
Larriant
Most atheists are born into atheistic families. Does that disprove atheism?[1]

Most fails occur on the internets [1]. Does that disprove the internet?
alithegreat
If you beleive just a little bit in God, than there are books like Bible, Quran etc for you to read. No one is stopping you from reading them. God is not going to force you to choose one path or the other. Its up to you and thats what the life is all about. Its a test, and these books are your guidance

And if you completely dont believe in God, then think logically, all this universe cant come into existence on its own, someone has to be responsible for this. Ask these questions from urself and may God(Allah) provide you with guidance

But people tend to stay with the religion of the area where they grew up, and they somehow don't ask themselves (or somehow manage to find a satisfying answer) why their religion is true and not someone else's, and why they happened to be born in the area where people believe the one true religion.

I see you are a Muslim, do you have Muslim parents?
WindsorHL3

It makes perfect sense. It means you kill the humanity inside yourself.
Reply 28
Larriant
Most atheists are born into atheistic families. Does that disprove atheism?

I think the OP failed at presenting the argument. Argument by geograhical distribution is not really an argument, it's more of a fact that can be used in collaboration with argument of indoctrination.

In this argument, it is argued that, for example, a "Christian child" should not exist, as a child is unable to make up his mind and has been indoctrinated by his family without given choice. This is what Dawkins uses in "The God Delusion" although, I have condensed an argument that was several pages into that one sentence.
Reply 29
That's an awful case against religion. "Oh, lots of Christians live in America, oh, and lots of Hindus live in India. Wow, therefore a God must not exist!" It's certainly a fact but I don't see how it disproves religion in any way.
Reply 30
alithegreat

How does God come into existance. Argument by design fails.

Logical thinking (by your false logic) would mean assuming that since there always a chain of causality, something (Allah :confused: ) must have "caused" the universe. Who caused Allah? God? Who caused God? Yahweh? Who caused Yahweh? Zeus....

There isn't yet a complete theory to show how the universe came into it's own. (I'm not sure if the big bang theory is the theory that is applicable to what you're getting at). Although that doesn't mean God wins by default.
nolongerhearthemusic
But people tend to stay with the religion of the area where they grew up, and they somehow don't ask themselves (or somehow manage to find a satisfying answer) why their religion is true and not someone else's, and why they happened to be born in the area where people believe the one true religion.

I see you are a Muslim, do you have Muslim parents?

If you believe in God than you would surely ask that question and you would also research on this. Yes I am a muslim and my parents are muslims too. I was also curious about my religion, I didnt practise it at all, but then I came across peace Tv a channel that analyses all the religions. Then I started reading and listning to Quran instead of songs and my belief is increasing day by day (Alhamdulillah)
Reply 33
SahilB91
I think the OP failed at presenting the argument. Argument by geograhical distribution is not really an argument, it's more of a fact that can be used in collaboration with argument of indoctrination.

In this argument, it is argued that, for example, a "Christian child" should not exist, as a child is unable to make up his mind and has been indoctrinated by his family without given choice. This is what Dawkins uses in "The God Delusion" although, I have condensed an argument that was several pages into that one sentence.

Yes, but it is impossible to disprove or prove religion or atheism on any level as there is no evidence.
alithegreat
If you believe in God than you would surely ask that question and you would also research on this. Yes I am a muslim and my parents are muslims too. I was also curious about my religion, I didnt practise it at all, but then I came across peace Tv a channel that analyses all the religions. Then I started reading and listning to Quran instead of songs and my belief is increasing day by day (Alhamdulillah)

Most people obviously don't research it, though, unless it's a coincidence that people from the West most often choose Christianity and people in India most often choose Hinduism. If people truly researched it and had no influence from the traditions of their country of origin, then religions would be evenly spread through the world.

Do you think it's a coincidence that you were born to parents of the correct faith?
Reply 35
Larriant
Yes, but it is impossible to disprove or prove religion or atheism on any level as there is no evidence.

Well. It's not possible to prove evolution entirely (at this time), although it is a strong theory that can be taken as fact.

It's never possible to have a 100% conclusion, so there always will be a chance, although there is the ability to set out strong arguments against, and for, if there are any strong arguments, the existence of God.
Reply 36
SahilB91
Well. It's not possible to prove evolution entirely (at this time), although it is a strong theory that can be taken as fact.

It's never possible to have a 100% conclusion, so there always will be a chance, although there is the ability to set out strong arguments against, and for, if there are any strong arguments, the existence of God.

Evolution should not have anything to do with religion.

Can you say a "strong" argument for or against, which is based on evidence for the existence of god?
SahilB91
How does God come into existance. Argument by design fails.

Logical thinking (by your false logic) would mean assuming that since there always a chain of causality, something (Allah :confused: ) must have "caused" the universe. Who caused Allah? God? Who caused God? Yahweh? Who caused Yahweh? Zeus....

There isn't yet a complete theory to show how the universe came into it's own. (I'm not sure if the big bang theory is the theory that is applicable to what you're getting at). Although that doesn't mean God wins by default.

No one created God and God knows that knowledge about the how universe came into existence as it says in Quran

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him.

I am sure as the science progresses all these myths will be cleared

Just another quote from Quran
Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies,
And placed therein a lamp (siraaj)
And a moon which has reflected light.

Who would have known 1400 years ago that moon had a reflected light infact this has recently been discovered
Reply 38
Larriant
Evolution should not have anything to do with religion.

Can you say a "strong" argument for or against, which is based on evidence for the existence of god?

I am not saying it does. But I was using it as an example of a strong theory.

Well, have you seen/heard/be in touch with God for a start?

No. That goes someway to disproving. Although doesn't disprove God in entiriety, it makes the chance that he exists more unlikely.
nolongerhearthemusic
Most people obviously don't research it, though, unless it's a coincidence that people from the West most often choose Christianity and people in India most often choose Hinduism. If people truly researched it and had no influence from the traditions of their country of origin, then religions would be evenly spread through the world.

Do you think it's a coincidence that you were born to parents of the correct faith?

It might be, as I said I did not practise my religion at all and I used feel awful inside myself about the things I used to do. It was afterwards that I started researching into religions and my faith became stronger and stronger

Try it yourself, if you are born in a chrisian family then you might have bible in your home start from the Bible and if that doesnt satisfy you then move on on o the next one and so on. You do believe in God dont you??

Latest

Trending

Trending