The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been on a pill for about 3 and a half years, with a few month break.

I didn't notice any changes such as weight, only my period got much much lighter, less painfull and lasts for only a few days which is great.
My skin is also much better now- I am on Dianette so it helps skin slightly more than other contraception pills.

If you planning to go on it don't worry about increased risks of blood clots and etc, as long as you are healthy and don't smoke it should be fine, but your GP will examine you anyway.

I usually have to see my GP twice a year or so just for the pill, he checks my pulse and etc to see if everythings ok and after 3 years I'm still fine : )
I've been on loads of different types of pill and they've all been awful for me. Irregular bleeding (talking about weeks and weeks of bleeding) terrible headaches, complete loss of sex drive, emotional, moody, heavier periods than before. I haven't taken any contraception for maybe a year now and some of these symptoms are still with me now.
dita_parlo
I've been on loads of different types of pill and they've all been awful for me. Irregular bleeding (talking about weeks and weeks of bleeding) terrible headaches, complete loss of sex drive, emotional, moody, heavier periods than before. I haven't taken any contraception for maybe a year now and some of these symptoms are still with me now.

Urgh, that's horrible! :frown:
The weird thing with me is that it took over a year for me to get negative symptoms from the pill, did this happen with you or was it immediate? May I ask which types you tried?
Congrats on the wedding btw :biggrin:
Reply 43
It didn't effect me in anyway taking the pill but it did help clear up my complextion :biggrin:
missaphrodite
Urgh, that's horrible! :frown:
The weird thing with me is that it took over a year for me to get negative symptoms from the pill, did this happen with you or was it immediate? May I ask which types you tried?
Congrats on the wedding btw :biggrin:

It started after a few months on the pill to be honest. I've been on microgynan, Cilest, Yasmin, Cerazette and one more I can't remember! It has been awful to be honest!
Thanks for the congrats :biggrin:
Just give it a go and stop worrying because you can't predict what will happen. I don't get any side effects from Mercillon and I've been on it 3 years after switching from Microgynon.
I took microgoynon for a few years and it made my hair and skin mega greasy...i then went on to dianette which did wonders for my hair and skin but was told i should never have been on it (as its only for people with extreme acne)...now im on the cerazette mini pill...i feel greasy all the time, fat and have 0 sex drive....my doc says its because of my anti deps or my thyroid medication though. everyone reacts differently

Latest