The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
CookieArun
It wasn't sarcasm, and I agree. Religion exists in humanity, though it's a shame it doesn't exist in devils (atheists).

Wow, what an ignorant moron...
Reply 21
Because what seperates religion from all the other fiction i enjoy reading?
jwright91
Well I'll tell you why I'm agnostic. I think to prove or disprove the idea of god are two very extreme ends of the sprectrum. I think that somewhere in the middle is the logical place to be.

Does it hurt, sitting on that fence?
Cause my parents are?
Because Gott ist tott.
I dont believe in God because its stupid, illogical and outdated.
Who do atheisst believe created them? The galaxies and worlds didn't just appear out of nowhere and suddenly humans appeared and multiplied by the tens, hundreds and thousands etc..
Reply 27
CookieArun
Who do atheisst believe created them? The galaxies and worlds didn't just appear out of nowhere and suddenly humans appeared and multiplied by the tens, hundreds and thousands etc..

+rep for that

good point, but im sure some atheist will try to find a flaw in the argument lol
baba_moon
Im sorry :p:

I'm. :colonhash:

Spoiler

CookieArun

There is so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start. However short answer, nobody. Nobody created God and he/she/it has always existed right? But supposedly God created us? I've just decided to cut out the middle-man as it were.
Reply 30
Unbiased Opinion
I'm. :colonhash:

Spoiler

Ok, now I'm really sorry. :rolleyes:
CookieArun

I believe the standard repsonse to this is "who/what created god?".
CookieArun
Atheists go to hell.

:toofunny: brain washed..
CookieArun
Because they have no respect for there creators and will be disowned when they die..

By a benevolent God? :sad:
CookieArun

Yes it did.

And who is god? Why doesnt he appear? Is he too lazy sitting around on his fat arse?
Seriously though, why does he never appear?
Reply 35
Unbiased Opinion
By a benevolent God? :sad:

I think even god will forgive up to a point and then be like "that's it, i'm gonna teach you the hard way"
CookieArun

You clearly have a profound lack of knowledge of physics.
HearTheThunder
Also I'm not an athiest I'm an anti-theist. I think people who are religious lack basic intelligence, or are so scared of death that they're quick to jump onto whatever delusion protects their state of mind. Also, religion causes a massive amount of trouble in the world. It's just all-round silly.

I would ascribe myself to the title of anti-theist also. But please do not let frustration (and yes religion and the whole concept of faith itself are very frustrating to the majority of logical minded people) blind you to the reasons that most people DO hold some sort of faith. You will rarely find anyone religious who has not been brought up so, or if not has not been through some sort of emotionally powerful experience which has misled them to a belief in god.
As much as I abhor religion, all that it stands for and the manipulation at its core... I cannot help but feel pity for those trapped in its powerful grasp. For those people brought up with a belief in god, it is a special belief and something that they will do anything to protect... the least being ignorance.
Reply 38
BJack
But are you an agnostic theist or an agnostic atheist?

Well after a quick visit to wikipedia I guess I'm an agnostic theist, as I have never ruled out the possibilty of god, and never will.
Reply 39
fernandotorres999
Yes it did.

And who is god? Why doesnt he appear? Is he too lazy sitting around on his fat arse?
Seriously though, why does he never appear?

cos if he did, selfish egoistic people like you and many others would worship him all day and do no work and the world would cease to go round cos people only think about themselves, their next bread and their future.

Latest

Trending

Trending