The Student Room Group

Does anyone else like the general feel at the end of a year?

I just like that feeling of new and better things to come, ending the year and starting afresh... by October/Novemberish you start to feel tired of the year anyway so it feels good to know there are only like 60 days or so left

I'm practically counting down, not to christmas but till 2010 cos i honestly can't wait for it :yep:

Even though the weather sucks, it's getting colder, everything is generally boring and dull around late autumn etc just thinking 2009 will all be over in just a few dozen days is uplifting

the beginning of a year is always more enjoyable for me anyway, the weather slowly starting to go out of winter and move into spring and everything starts settlign down into the new year
Reply 1
I hate the new year, it just reminds me of how old I am getting. Sometimes I just wish that you could stop time!

yes but sadly it's just a reminder of how fast the year has passed me by with not much to show for it, no positive changes in things that I want changing, etc:frown:
Not really. I don't like the end of a year, I like the winter and spring of the next year. It feels fresh, new and exciting.
Reply 4
I like the idea of starting fresh, never have been scared of change.
I'm looking forward to christmas but at the same time don't want it to come.. I want my 2nd year at uni to not pass me by in a flash!
Reply 6
I've always viewed the beginning of the academic year as each new year
I like the feeling at the end of the year.

Mostly because I can ski during this period.
Reply 8
I'm looking forward to the end of the year as I will be in Italy :smile:, probably working on Hogmanay and christmas day though :frown:.
I dont i feel as if time is going way too fast.
Reply 10
Yes kinda, might sound weird, but in a sense, everything starts to feel a bit more cosy. Probably an effect of the darker evenings.
Well we will continue to go out of the recession and the new season of Lost starts in January. Bring on 2010!
It scares me how quickly time is passing, and I feel like I've done nothing I particularly want to do with my life yet. Time genuinely is passing quicker and quicker and I miss childhood memories etc. I know it sounds pretty early to be saying all this, especially since I hope to go to uni next year and hopefully things will change. It's just that time's moving TOO fast. Saying all that, though, I do love the end of the year in general - in December, there's my birthday, then the whole wintery/festive spirit and finally new year!
i don't particularly like the end of the year, i've never found it particularly great. Saying that, i don't really enjoy being at home anymore and would prefer to be at uni.
Reply 14
It just reminds me that another year has zipped by and that new years seem to be getting more and more frequent. Doesn't help that my birthday is like the day before either.
Reply 15
I feel older :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending