The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Accommodation: holiday rent

I just wanted to check - do all of the catered halls except clifton hill house allow you to leave your stuff in the room during the holidays? (paying 'vacation rent' or whatever it's called)

I live too far away to take everything home everytime I have holidays, so it's pretty important to me that I'm sure about this. I don't know whether or not to trust the accommodation prospectus because according to it you can pay for vacation rent at Clifton Hill House, yet i've read on here that everything has to be taken home! I had initially intended to apply to Clifton Hill House, but I find this quite off-putting.......

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
As far as I know, they do. I know Wills and Badock do for a fact, and I'm 99.9% sure the others allow it too.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
taking your stuff home every term is a real pain! (i kno, i lived in CHH last yr!) but none of the other halls make u do that as far as i kno, tho CHH does have its advantages. if u want to be as close to uni but no hassle wit emptying your room, i'd suggest manor hall and goldney (both right next door, but self-catered!) good luck
FYI you dont have to take all of your stuff home from CHH. If you're in South Wing every room has a large locked cupboard above the wardrobe, which you are allowed to store stuff in over the holidays. Incidentally, you can also leave stuff on your notice board to amuse all the conference guests!!

Latest

Trending

Trending