The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Rogerenden
well, but that doesn't help if he wants to make a full bachelor, right?

anyway, as a addition to my post about denmark above, here my results for sweden:
university of Jönköping offers international economics and policy with the "track" international economics and development. look at http://www.ihh.hj.se/doc/1606

aaaand, last hit: university of copenhagen - economics:
http://studier.ku.dk/studier_a-z/economics/

so, that's all i found. nothing in norway, which makes me sad :frown:

question: can you make a swedish master at university with a bachelor mad on a swedish Högskolor?

Well those friends are getting bachelors from Sweden.

yes, the difference between högskola and universitet are if they do research or not, the bachelors and masters are no difference.
Reply 21
synvilla
Well those friends are getting bachelors from Sweden.

yes, the difference between högskola and universitet are if they do research or not, the bachelors and masters are no difference.

well, but how did they get enrolled without tisus?
Reply 22
Rogerenden
well, but how did they get enrolled without tisus?

I'm sorry, but I don't know what a tisus is.
Reply 23
synvilla
I'm sorry, but I don't know what a tisus is.

tisus language test which they require you to have if you want to study programs not offered in english.

http://www.su.se/pub/jsp/polopoly.jsp?a=21255&d=1538
Reply 24
Rogerenden
tisus language test which they require you to have if you want to study programs not offered in english.

http://www.su.se/pub/jsp/polopoly.jsp?a=21255&d=1538

But why on earth would they study in Swedish?!!
Reply 25
synvilla
But why on earth would they study in Swedish?!!

I.e they rarely have a 3 year course in English but they will have courses for you to put together the modules yourself and you will be able to get a degree. You are also allowed to go abroad and the Swedish university will recognize it.

I for example is getting my degree from a Swedish university but I'm only taking 30% of my modules in Sweden, the rest in other countries (China, Poland)

+ this is a thread about bachelor's degree

=> my question :wink:
if they don't have a programm completly taught in english, they must be in a swedish one. therefore they need to proof their swedish skills.

OR i got you cpmpletly wrong, which is possible, of course :wink:
Reply 26
Rogerenden
+ this is a thread about bachelor's degree

=> my question :wink:
if they don't have a programm completly taught in english, they must be in a swedish one. therefore they need to proof their swedish skills.

OR i got you cpmpletly wrong, which is possible, of course :wink:

No, they don't study a full programme to get their degree, was my point. They build their own degree from freestanding modules during three years instead, which is very common in Sweden.
Reply 27
synvilla
No, they don't study a full programme to get their degree, was my point. They build their own degree from freestanding modules during three years instead, which is very common in Sweden.

got it.
but how did they get accepted for this by university? Imean, you can only apply for these complet programmes, as far as I know.

which univerities offered this?
Reply 28
Rogerenden
got it.
but how did they get accepted for this by university? Imean, you can only apply for these complet programmes, as far as I know.

which univerities offered this?

Sweden doesn't work that way. Swedish system assumes you only want to study one semester and if you want to do an entire education you have reapply every single semester! so you just apply for the freestanding modules in your application form

"which universities"? Every single one hahahaha
Reply 29
synvilla
Sweden doesn't work that way. Swedish system assumes you only want to study one semester and if you want to do an entire education you have reapply every single semester! so you just apply for the freestanding modules in your application form

"which universities"? Every single one hahahaha

at last it doesn't look like this from outside.
e.g.: http://sisu.it.su.se/search/show_area/5/en
if you looked at this (or any other) university you would think it's organised as in germany/uk, so you take your programme and can chose some(!) courses, mainly in/after 3rd term
Reply 30
Rogerenden
at last it doesn't look like this from outside.
e.g.: http://sisu.it.su.se/search/show_area/5/en
if you looked at this (or any other) university you would think it's organised as in germany/uk, so you take your programme and can chose some(!) courses, mainly in/after 3rd term

It feels a little bit like speaking to a five-year-old...

in Sweden, you can get a degree in two different ways:
a) enroll in a 3-year program with the courses decided. One semester optional
b) you don't ******* enroll in a 3-year program and instead you build your degree yourself.
When I clicked on that link there was a "courses" option and if you looked at the page you could see that there was a bunch of courses to choose from.
The rules are:
You need 3 semesters within your field, plus 3 semesters from optional field. You also need to include a thesis in the third semester of your field. The optional field doesn't have to be related to your degree at all.
You apply to each module/course/semester individually and when you're done you just get a degree. You are allowed to take courses at other universities as well, both in Sweden and abroad.

It's very common to call first semester "A", second "B" and third "C".
half of "C" is the thesis.
I took entire "A" in Sweden, 30 ects - one semester. (two semesters per year)
And then I've been studying in China, Poland, other universities etc. These will be accounted for as "B", + 50% of C + optional courses. The optional courses doesn't have to be all in the same area either.
After this year of studying this and that in Poland I have to return to Sweden to write my thesis, the second part of "C", as that is the only thing that we are not allowed to do at another university in order to get a degree from there.

I am NOT enrolled in a 3-year program but I will get a degree from a Swedish university

and another thing:
If you allready have a degree in for example physics, and want to get a new degree in archeology, it would only take you year in Sweden (as half of your courses are allowed to be optional, you can just take the courses you allready have in your physics degree and let them be your optional ones)
Reply 31
got it...

It feels a little bit like speaking to a five-year-old...

no, but to someone from a country where you can't do so :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending