The Student Room Group
getting onto a masters is easy

it's getting funding that's hard
Reply 2
Maybe, it all depends on how many courses you apply for and what they focus on, if you applied for two very similar courses i can't see it going against you but if you apply for half a dozen different courses it might seem a little unfocused. It all depends on the staff in the department and how they feel about it. Try calling the person who deals with postgraduate admissions in the department at the university and see what they think. If the reason you want to apply for a few different courses is because you don't know enough about them to know which you'd rather choose, then talking to the admissions team and gaining more insight into the courses might help. If it's because you really don't know what you want to go onto do after the course then it might be wise to choose a course that covers a broad range of modules (presuming that you want to do a taught Masters). Talking to the department should help anyway so i'd suggest you start there.
Reply 3
Llamageddon
getting onto a masters is easy

So if I applied for an MSc where a few MRC funded places (e.g. in Health Psychology) are available would I jeopardise my chances by applying for an MSc in Neuroscience?
booraad
So if I applied for an MSc where a few MRC funded places (e.g. in Health Psychology) are available would I jeopardise my chances by applying for an MSc in Neuroscience?
i cant imagine them caring, but if you really must know, contact the university in question and the departments you're applying to

I'm betting they wont know what other courses you've applied to, and if they did, they wouldn't care

but don't take my word for it. ask the people who make the decision.
Reply 5
Llamageddon
i cant imagine them caring, but if you really must know, contact the university in question and the departments you're applying to

I'm betting they wont know what other courses you've applied to, and if they did, they wouldn't care

but don't take my word for it. ask the people who make the decision.

Many thanks. I will do that.
Llamageddon

*understatement

Latest

Trending

Trending