The Student Room Group

London Underground Flirting

I was on a central line train yesterday, and a woman (hot!) got on the end of the carriage and starting making her way towards me (sitting on a single seat at the far end. She eventually came and stood right in front of me and as the train took off, she literally kept looking into my eyes and showed the usual flirtatious body language. I instantly clocked that she was initiating flirting, but being me (mental issues and all!), I looked away and even possibly feigned a look of disdain. I looked back and could see the obvious look of embarrasment in her eyes, and she promptly got off at the next stop.

Now, I know all you guys will blast me with your 'fail' comments etc, but I'm not good at all with those sort of situations. I've had several flirting situations on the underground, but I've never capitalised.

Have any of youz lot had similar experiences and would you mind if someone of your taste, approached you on your underground journey?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
To be honest, I'd probably react in the same way. I'd be a little surprised to say the least.

Oh and

It's not something that I would ever initiate. I may or may not respond depending on the kind of signal given.
does anyone iniate conversation with strangers on the underground?
Reply 4
Imma be honest i would have got hold of her right there and then on the train.
Is anyone else's bul:holmes::holmes::holmes:t detector flashing?
Reply 6
No I've never got into a situation like this.

But I thought I'd give you the official definition of the term "failtrain":
1)
v.
To fail at something utterly

n.
The train on which utter failures ride to their next failure

2)
a continuous cycle of failure or a combined, epic failure, where multiple parties join in so as to more effectively FAIL.
Reply 7
If someone flirted with me on the Tube, I would think them mad. It's just not the place for it.
Reply 8
I was on a subway in Paris one time and there was a good-looking guy opposite me and we kept catching eyes the whole way and I could have sworn he smiled slightly at me several times. Still, given it seemed rather unlikely he had noticed me I would have dismissed it, but when I got off the train (I was with my mum and sister) we caught eyes again and he gave me a hand flick of a wave... so yes I think underground flirting is really rather fun!

Could be embarrassing though if you get flirt-rejected...
I get completely ignored on the underground. It appears as though everyone gets hit on down there, except me.
Reply 10
OrdinaryDay
I was on a subway in Paris one time and there was a good-looking guy opposite me and we kept catching eyes the whole way and I could have sworn he smiled slightly at me several times. Still, given it seemed rather unlikely he had noticed me I would have dismissed it, but when I got off the train (I was with my mum and sister) we caught eyes again and he gave me a hand flick of a wave... so yes I think underground flirting is really rather fun!

Could be embarrassing though if you get flirt-rejected...

so you waved hardly a romp or marriage like op was looking for is it!!!
AF...
so you waved hardly a romp or marriage like op was looking for is it!!!

Flirting is neither a 'romp', nor marriage though...! I would have imagined this was fairly clear. The whole point of flirting is that it is casual and subtle... if you go up to someone and grab them and start making out, yeah that isn't flirting.
Neville 'Facking' Bartos
Is anyone else's bul:holmes::holmes::holmes:t detector flashing?

Wat? So incomprehensively unbelievable mr bartos?
Reply 13
OrdinaryDay
Flirting is neither a 'romp', nor marriage though...! I would have imagined this was fairly clear. The whole point of flirting is that it is casual and subtle... if you go up to someone and grab them and start making out, yeah that isn't flirting.

Unless flirting leads to a bang its pointless, wouldnt you say?
id think them very weird if anyone did that to me
untill recently id never been on the tube, but raising money ment it was vital for 3 days :| and id find it very weird if anyone tried flirting with me down there
it smells like some kind of museum felt like i was going back in time, everythings fast paced, its hot, everyone ends up jammed into each other, i think sardines in a tin have more space! people who havent been on there before are left panicing someones head is going to be cut off by the door!
and someone kills themself down there every 2 days (i think thats what the bloke said)
so the idea of being flirted with knowing someone probably died under that train would be weird!

so i would think them completely insane and get away from them as quickly as possible! lol
x
x-pixie-lottie-x
id think them very weird if anyone did that to me
untill recently id never been on the tube, but raising money ment it was vital for 3 days :| and id find it very weird if anyone tried flirting with me down there
it smells like some kind of museum felt like i was going back in time, everythings fast paced, its hot, everyone ends up jammed into each other, i think sardines in a tin have more space! people who havent been on there before are left panicing someones head is going to be cut off by the door!
and someone kills themself down there every 2 days (i think thats what the bloke said)
so the idea of being flirted with knowing someone probably died under that train would be weird!

so i would think them completely insane and get away from them as quickly as possible! lol
x

LOL! when you put it that way!
Suppose being a Londoner, I'm used to the whole underground thing.
AF...
Unless flirting leads to a bang its pointless, wouldnt you say?

Not at all. Perhaps it's a girl thing, but flirting is definitely enjoyable just for its own sake.
A guy came up to me once on the tube and smiled at me and said
"you look like Brandon Lee", I am a girl so was just annoyed, but I think he was trying to pay me a compliment in a weird way.
A drunk fourteen yr old girl offered me sex then and there when I was at a train station with a mate, I know she was only fourteen because she lives two doors away from me and my mum knows hers!

I just said I don't think your Dad would be too happy ,come back and say that in two years . I gave her a similar look to you I think.Totally amazed. I didn't want to say F off because I know girls that age care a lot about their looks. Thing is if I didn't know her I would think she was sixteen. Could have ended up in the big house getting poked in the arse by some con.
There are a surprising amount of hot women who use the London Underground.

Latest