The Student Room Group

Guys crying!

I've noticed that I tend to cry (not boo hoo; rather shed few tears) too easily at the things on tv or similar such things. I mentioned this to my sister and she said that could be underlying psychological problems, but I reckon thats rubbish.

Do other guys cry too easily and do you think you can do anything to 'man-up' as my brother says.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's more a social phenomenon.

Guys don't cry because it's a "wussy" thing to do.

Girls cry because they're the "wussy" gender.

Guys can cry just as much as girls if they want to, but we're just bred against it.
MonkeyMan what's with all these threads about masculine and femine behaviours, bags, whatever?
inb4 AGrownManCrying

I can't remember the last time I cried. :frown:
Reply 4
nothing wrong with a few tears boys! We all get a bit sentimental sometimes.
Reply 5
I dont see anything wrong with a guy crying. Everyone has the right to shed tears, no matter what its over, it happens. You do have feelings after all.
Reply 6
Odysseus was a hero and he cried lots in the Odyssey.

Interesting factoid aside, for me, the end of Saving Private Ryan always gets me.
SunOfABeach
MonkeyMan what's with all these threads about masculine and femine behaviours, bags, whatever?

self discovery on tsr? Need to get a life huh!
SunOfABeach

thought thats what tsr was for; putting up crap threads and pseudo-intellects spouting their views on international politics etc.
Just a sign men need to be men and man up. Men do cry, but it should be a private matter, involving a bottle of whiskey and a deserted beach. When my Grandad died I was the only man not to cry at his funeral why? because I knew being the man he was ,he would have battered the men who did blub at the funeral. I did my crying privately after the funeral with a bottle of whisky sat on a deserted beach.

Women don't respect a man who cries in front of them, don't believe what they say. It's fine if you just want to swap clothes with them and talk about boys and stuff though.
Pheylan
Things on TV? Lol what a pussy

a pussy who would knock you out sunshine
Ministerdonut
Just a sign men need to be men and man up. Men do cry, but it should be a private matter, involving a bottle of whiskey and a deserted beach. When my Grandad died I was the only man not to cry at his funeral why? because I knew being the man he was ,he would have battered the men who did blub at the funeral. I did my crying privately after the funeral with a bottle of whisky sat on a deserted beach.

Women don't respect a man who cries in front of them, don't believe what they say. It's fine if you just want to swap clothes with them and talk about boys and stuff though.

don't think there is anything wrong with shedding a few tears at a loved ones funeral; waling and bawling is a different issue.
MonkeyMan2009
I've noticed that I tend to cry (not boo hoo; rather shed few tears) too easily at the things on tv or similar such things. I mentioned this to my sister and she said that could be underlying psychological problems, but I reckon thats rubbish.

Do other guys cry too easily and do you think you can do anything to 'man-up' as my brother says.

Hmm, androgyny....interesting.
Reply 13
Nothing wrong with it. I feel like a bit of an idiot crying at TV or films sometimes but it doesn't harm anyone. Don't worry about it! If my boyfriend cried at something like that I wouldn't mind or care.
Reply 14
man up you queef
Awkward to watch but I don't really mind :dontknow:
Reply 16
Yea I get teary all the time, watching Movies...my girlfriend cant look at me or she breaks down to.

It's all cool, just show's you aint made of stone.
Pheylan
And then have a gentle weep

yeh, ill be weeping at the state of your face sonny.
Samrout
man up you queef

How do you man up? I’m v. masculine looking, but some questionable tendencies which may be deemed feminine.
MonkeyMan2009

Well you generally cry when you feel some sort of despair. Take note at what your crying at, and realise whether your crying because it relates to you, or you are crying because it is a sad/happy situation for someone else.

Latest

Trending

Trending