The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The earth being round is a theory. I'm yet to see anything which disproves it. For me, evolution is equally clear cut.
G8D
Why do people say that gods exist as a fact when tbh it has no proof at all..

Because there is more evidence for the existance of God than there is against the existance of Him.
Reply 62
Evolution IS a theory. But so is gravity. So it's a good theory.

/dummy historian's view of scientific matters.
King Panther is the reason why I don't have much faith in democracy.
adamrules247
Because there is more evidence for the existance of God than there is against the existance of Him.

Go on then...
Craig_D
The earth being round is a theory. I'm yet to see anything which disproves it. For me, evolution is equally clear cut.

No, its more of an egg shape, so to say it is round is incorrect. Sattalite pictures are one way in which this can be proved.
Rancorous
King Panther is the reason why I don't have much faith in democracy.

Why?
Reply 67
A scientific theory is something that has a good collection of evidence behind it.

The evidence strongly suggests that evolution happened. The *theory* is the explanation behind the (for all intents and purposes) fact.

Think of 'theory' in the same way as you'd think of music 'theory'.
fr3shmang0
Go on then...

The story of Major Chris Keeble at the Battle of Goose Green and any unexplained phenomena.
Reply 69
King-Panther
Pick something up and let it go, it falls, so that is factual because it can be observed. The concept is not a theory because it can be proved, but Newtons definition is a theory. There are other theories to why and what is causing this phenomena, not just Newtons.

No, gravitational theory is not "drop something and it falls". Gravitational theory explains HOW that phenomenon occurs. That is something you cannot observe because you cannot see forces (you can't *see* gravity/gravitons etc.). You can only observe forces' effects on objects.
Reply 70
Smeee
Evolution IS a theory. But so is gravity. So it's a good theory.

/dummy historian's view of scientific matters.

Yeah, but much like gravity it's also a fact.
Reply 71
Edycal
How do you know?, Who's us?, Who's controlling our bodies? minds?, How do do you know we're not just some remote-controlled supermarket toys being managed by some 3 million year old baby alien a couple light years away?

Rene Descartes: Cognito ergo sum. It does not matter what we are, the base of it is that we exist - correction: I exist and I cannot be sure that you exist, but I am certain that I exist because I feel emotions and think thoughts.

According to him that is one of two things that we can know for sure. The rest (including science) is just theory based on what is accumulated by our senses.
King-Panther
No, its not! What can be observed, is fact!

Evolution can be observed.
Reply 73
King-Panther
No, its more of an egg shape, so to say it is round is incorrect. Sattalite pictures are one way in which this can be proved.

Pedantic? lol. And no, it isn't egg shaped, it's shaped closest to one of those babybel cheese things - a slightly flattened ball. It's not actually egg shaped, or oval, at all; an oval isn't a flattened ball. People just say to make people keep in mind that it isn't round. How are eggs flatter on top?

No, even then it's still a theory. The Flat Earth Society maintains that all these pictures are fake, so until you individually take up into space every single person to show them ... and somehow prove that you haven't given them drugs or put them in a simulator, it's still a theory. Evolution is equally obvious, yet people still deny it.
RamocitoMorales
Mathematics isn't 'Just theory'.

Some of maths is scientific insofar as it has been revised because of certain uncomfortable consequences. No statement is immune from revision.
adamrules247
The story of Major Chris Keeble at the Battle of Goose Green and any unexplained phenomena.

I'm not familiar with the Battle of Goose Green and how it's linked to evidence for God. Care to enlighten me?

Also 'unexplained phenomena' are just that... Unexplained.

It's illogical and a fallacy to equate unexplained with explained by God.
King-Panther
No we do exist, that is not a theory!

If you think about it, this whole existence could just be a hugely complex imaginary world someone is dreaming of. Highly unlikely of course, but very possible.
fr3shmang0
I'm not familiar with the Battle of Goose Green and how it's linked to evidence for God. Care to enlighten me?

Also 'unexplained phenomena' are just that... Unexplained.

It's illogical and a fallacy to equate unexplained with explained by God.

Goose Green was a battle in the Falkland War. The commander of the forces Lt/Col. H. Jones had been gunned down and it had fallen to his Junior Maj Chris Keeble to lead to the outnumbered and out gunned troops who were fast running out of amunition and were vunerable as the enemy could easily be reinforced.

At this point in the battle one in six of all British troops had been killed and Keeble needing guidance went and prayed in some burning heather.

He said he suddenly recieved guidence and he walked out into the field to speak to the Argentine commander. He asked him to surrender to stop anymore deaths and made reference to their comman faith. Keeble llater found out he had been walking through a mine field with the Argentine commander.

The argentines surrendered and the British captured several thousands of prisoners who out numbered them 3 to one (or something like that).

There is evidence of existance in several ways.

1. Keeble's sudden inspiration after prayer.
2. The fact he walked through the field without getting harmed
3. The fact that he walked through a heavily laden mine field without getting blown up.
4. The fact that the argentines surrendered.

I just want to point out I do actually believe in evolution. I am also a Christian as well (shock horror)
Reply 78
King-Panther
Mutation is not a fact, when and where was it observed? Give me an example of a species evolving into another, on earth, right here right and now.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn14094-bacteria-make-major-evolutionary-shift-in-the-lab.html
Dr Lenski kept E coli. Bacteria in conditions where many of them couldn't survive, hence meaning that every generation of them was better able to cope with the environment, eventually the evolved into a completely different microbe, three times the size, a completely different shape, and here's the kicker, they had evolved the radical new ability to break down the citrate compound in the agar jelly they where kept in. This is an observed phenomenon that proves that genetic mutations can produce a new species. This and other similar direct observations makes it just as factual that species can evolve into other species as the fact that objects with mass are attracted to the Earth.

You are confusing this fact with the theory that all life on Earth originated via evolution from a single simple organism, if you want to argue about that than do so.
Reply 79
King-Panther
THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION HAS COLLAPSED

The theory of evolution is a theory that fails at the very first step. The reason is that evolutionists are unable to explain even the formation of a single protein. Neither the laws of probability nor the laws of physics and chemistry offer any chance for the fortuitous formation of life.

Does it sound logical or reasonable when not even a single chance-formed protein can exist, that millions of such proteins combined in an order to produce the cell of a living thing; and that billions of cells managed to form and then came together by chance to produce living things; and that from them generated fish; and that those that passed to land turned into reptiles, birds, and that this is how all the millions of different species on earth were formed?

Even if it does not seem logical to you, evolutionists do believe this fable.

However, it is merely a belief-or rather a false faith-because they do not have even a single piece of evidence to verify their story. They have never found a single transitional form such as a half-fish/half-reptile or half-reptile/half-bird. Nor have they been able to prove that a protein, or even a single amino acid molecule composing a protein, could have formed under what they call primordial earth conditions; not even in their elaborately-equipped laboratories have they succeeded in doing that. On the contrary, with their every effort, evolutionists themselves have demonstrated that no evolutionary process has ever occurred nor could ever have occurred at any time on earth.

EVOLUTION CAN NOT BE VERIFIED IN THE FUTURE EITHER

Seeing this, evolutionists can only console themselves by dreaming that science will somehow resolve all these dilemmas in time. However, that science should ever verify such an entirely groundless and illogical claim is out of the question no matter how many years may pass by. On the contrary, as science progresses it only makes the nonsense of evolutionists' claims clearer and plainer.

That is how it has been so far. As more details on the structure and functions of the living cell were discovered, it became abundantly clear that the cell is not a simple, randomly-formed composition, as was thought to be the case according to the primitive biological understanding of Darwin's time.

With the situation being so self-evident, denying the fact of creation and basing the origins of life on extremely unlikely coincidences, and then defending these claims with insistence, may later become a source of great humiliation. As the real face of the evolution theory comes more and more into view and as public opinion comes to see the truth, it may not be long before the purblind fanatic advocates of evolution will not be able to show their faces.

THE BIGGEST OBSTACLE TO EVOLUTION: SOUL

There are many species in the world that resemble one another. For instance, there may be many living beings resembling a horse or a cat and many insects may look like one another. These similarities do not surprise anyone.

The superficial similarities between man and ape somehow attract too much attention. This interest sometimes goes so far as to make some people believe the false thesis of evolution. As a matter of fact, the superficial similarities between men and apes do signify nothing. The rhinoceros beetle and the rhinoceros also share certain superficial resemblances but it would be ludicrous to seek to establish some kind of an evolutionary link between these two creatures, one being an insect and the other a mammal, on the grounds of that resemblance.

Other than superficial similarity, apes cannot be said to be closer to man than to other animals. Actually, if level of intelligence is considered, then the honeybee producing the geometrically miraculous structure of the honeycomb or the spider building up the engineering miracle of the spider web can be said to be closer to man. They are even superior in some aspects.

There is a very big difference between man and ape regardless of a mere outward resemblance. An ape is an animal and is no different from a horse or a dog considering its level of consciousness. Yet man is a conscious, strong-willed being that can think, talk, understand, decide, and judge. All of these features are the functions of the soul that man possesses. The soul is the most important difference that interposes a huge gap between man and other creatures. No physical similarity can close this gap between man and any other living being. In nature, the only living thing that has a soul is man.

GOD CREATES ACCORDING TO HIS WILL

Would it matter if the scenario proposed by evolutionists really had taken place? Not a bit. The reason is that each stage advanced by evolutionary theory and based on coincidence could only have occurred as a result of a miracle. Even if life did come about gradually through such a succession of stages, each progressive stage could only have been brought about by a conscious will. It is not just implausible that those stages could have occurred by chance, it is impossible.

If is said that a protein molecule had been formed under the primordial atmospheric conditions, it has to be remembered that it has been already demonstrated by the laws of probability, biology, and chemistry that this could not have been by chance. But if it must be posited that it was produced, then there is no alternative but to admit that it owed its existence to the will of a Creator. The same logic applies to the entire hypothesis put forward by evolutionists. For instance, there is neither paleontological evidence nor a physical, chemical, biological, or logical justification proving that fish passed from water to land and formed the land animals. But if one must have it that fish clambered onto the land and turned into reptiles, the maker of that claim should also accept the existence of a Creator capable of making whatever He wills come into being with the mere word "be". Any other explanation for such a miracle is inherently self-contradictory and a violation of the principles of reason.

The reality is clear and evident. All life is the product of a perfect design and a superior creation. This in turn provides concrete evidence for the existence of a Creator, the Possessor of infinite power, knowledge, and intelligence.

That Creator is God, the Lord of the heavens and of the earth, and of all that is between them.

You are grossly misinformed.:yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending