The Student Room Group

Order of choices on UCAS form

I intend to make the maximum of five course applications on my UCAS application.

All five courses are in the same school of the same university and all have the same entry requirements with regards to grades.

If I obtain the grades required, does the order in which I have listed them on my UCAS have any bearing on which I would obtain an offer from the university?

For example, would they be more likely to make me an offer on the first or second choice as opposed to the one listed last?

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
Nope, there isn't even a facility to order them, it does it automatically and might be different from the order you entered them. If you're concerned about this, it'd be best if you contacted the admissions tutor for the courses.
Reply 2
No, UCAS puts them in alphabetical order.
Reply 3
On a completed UCAS form the Universities you've applied to appear in alphabetical order, so I'm assuming it won't make any difference. (:

Edit: Aah someone got there first with this :P
Wow you really want to go to that universities department, just out of interest does this mean it will come up 5 times for the admissions tutor?
It's alphabetical, and they won't know which is your favourite anyway.
Nope. I believe it's alphabetical.
Reply 7
Thanks very much guys! :top:
As the others have said, it's alphabetical but I'd say to put them in order of preference anyway since it appears that on printed confirmation letters from UCAS, they appear in the order you entered them. I'm not sure if that's significant, but since the universities won't see anyway, you might as well order them... :dontknow:
Reply 9
Noo it doesn't matter but on track they appear the order you put them in :smile:
little pixie
I intend to make the maximum of five course applications on my UCAS application.

All five courses are in the same school of the same university and all have the same entry requirements with regards to grades.

If I obtain the grades required, does the order in which I have listed them on my UCAS have any bearing on which I would obtain an offer from the university?

For example, would they be more likely to make me an offer on the first or second choice as opposed to the one listed last?

Thank you! :smile:

This is a bizarre approach, and you really ought to talk to the admissions tutors to establish how sensible it is. There is every chance you'll be rejected from every single choice for the same reason. Surely you'd be better off spreading your risk and giving yourself a chance for insurance?
Reply 11
microfatcat
It's alphabetical, and they won't know which is your favourite anyway.

Nope, but they will realise he's used every one of his choices in that department of that uni...

Why, oh why, are you limiting yourself to that one uni OP? Not saying you're not allowed to, but don't you wanna give yourself some variety/scope?
MrChem
Nope, but they will realise he's used every one of his choices in that department of that uni...

In the OP's case the university will know everything about the application.
I believe many Universities have a maximum of 2 applications to one institution. You definately need to speak to the uni in question. Which one and which coruses?
talon1579
I believe many Universities have a maximum of 2 applications to one institution. You definitely need to speak to the uni in question. Which one and which coruses?

I've never heard of that. It sounds ridiculous.

Latest